The Joy of Decks

chris dub

Jungle is passive.
Anyone see 'The Joy of Decks' last nite on ITV, 11.30pm?

Hmmm, let me see, 8 DJs spinning:

house, 'Jackin' house, tech-house, funky house, deep house, and FINALLY some f**kin drum and bass.

HOUSE DJs - GO AWAY. I like house music but i don't need YOU.

What did anyone think of the dnb DJs that represented - Nicky Dubbz was a bit Jump Up for my likin, DM Cut probably has a more experienced head on his shoulders, could be wrong tho.

Seems like Reality TV has finally hit the world of DJing. God help us.

Tony Dub

yer, I saw it...u is right about the 2 dnb dj's though. Would have been nice to hear some of their actual mixing and tune selection. s'all for the cameras at the end of the day

Don't be tricked into thinking this wasn't utter shite. It was
I turned it off after a few minutes

It was only a matter of time before the tv bods did 'DJ Pop Idol'. If it gets the dj's noticed, fair enuff, although I don't think its the route I'd like to take.
Nicky Dubbz was a bit excited, wasn't he? As me mum described him, "like a five year old on a tartrazine binge".
And the funniest thing was seeing Mr C trying to dance to dnb, all those biscuits seem to have knocked his co-ordination a bit

Indi said:
Nicky Dubbz was a bit excited, wasn't he? As me mum described him, "like a five year old on a tartrazine binge".

Innit!!!!!!

Can't believe i'm the same age as him!!!! Fucking hope I don't look like that when i'm mixing! There again I don't jump up and down when mixing!!

What a shit program though, i'm gonna have all the old ladies at work thinking that's what I do when I go home. All I said was I DJ'ed in my spare time and since then thev'e been hitting me with every type of DJ stereotype/innuendo known to man. Now this mainstream bastardisation of DJ as a whole has come along i'm just gonna get it no end!!!

I can hear them now: "I wonder if he can tweak the knobs as well as Nikki Dubbz can" followed by innane laughter and dropping of soggy digestive biscuits and several "Ohhh saucy"'s.

Last edited:
He was playing Hotness and some Twisted Not So Individual, Individual type tune over the top.

He was propably playing Hotness to try and arse lick Roni but all went wrong when he realised he was playing the Origin Unkown mix and not the Roni Size RMX (The exact moment he realised his foolish mistake was when he had his little extatic fit)(As noticed by Indi's mum as a five year old's tartazine binge!!Classic!!).

MC Motion said:
He was playing Hotness and some Twisted Not So Individual, Individual type tune over the top.

He was propably playing Hotness to try and arse lick Roni but all went wrong when he realised he was playing the Origin Unkown mix and not the Roni Size RMX (The exact moment he realised his foolish mistake was when he had his little extatic fit)(As noticed by Indi's mum as a five year old's tartazine binge!!Classic!!).

yeah was hotness and the clipz remix of capoeira, from what i heard it was pretty tight

shit program, but the real dissapointment was Roni's comment, that there are so many DJ's, and there should be more entertainers..this kind of thinking ended in terifing results i.e Portica surreal.. :-/

i mean, really, who gives a fook wether the DJ is jumping around, standing still, or skining up fat ones. Its all bout the music, and the way its delivered.
Actually, I might give a go to this jester DJ thing..Next time someone does the mistake of letting me loose behind some decks, i ll have me fire sticks..dunno...maybe the parafine fumes do wonders for my creativity..although i aint too sure bout fire over vinyl...
*teeth*

oh, and the best quote on the program by the mighty mighty entertainer Nikki Dubz:
Roni: So, do you move behind the decks at all?
Nikki: man, i dont know if the place will be shaking from my tunes or my jumping around.

bahhhhh....please dude..and to think Roni digs his name..:D:D:D

its just another bandwagon t.v programme on "popular culture"
it was poo.
can i jus say that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, BUT WHEN IS ALL THIS BITCHIN GONNA STOP ABOUT MANS' TUNES,LIKE TWISTED<FUK METHE BLOKE CAN HOOK UP SUM NIFTY BREAKS.AND I AGREE HE DOES RINSE HIS SOUND,BUT IT MAKES PEOPLE DANCE!!!!! DO YOU WANT PEOPLE INA CLUB TO SIT THERE AND GO "OH THIS IS SHIT" "ITS CRAP", LETS NOT LIKE IT COS SOMEONE SAID SO.LETS HAVE SOME REPECT AND DECORUM IN THE SCENE AND THIS FORUM

I hear what you're saying but at the end of the day if you don't like Twisted you don't like him and his tunes probably won't set you off in a club. It's all personal taste.

Though I agree with you that people shouldn't try to push their opinions on others which a fair point about forums in general, but you can do a lot worse than here! and the guy only made a tiny little comment.

Don't get me wrong I like twisted but his tunes have gone a little bland lately (that granny basher one is quality tho) Blame the biters cos loads of other artists have ripped him off and done his style to death.

Last edited:
man, i jump around like nobodies business when mixing.. it probably looks really funny when im jumpin up and down in the middle of a breakdown though.. but whatever helps keep the beat

Check’d it out last night an thought it was alright.

Tom Middleton is a weirdo - he went out wiv the up-an-comer armed with a minidisc player an microphone, an jus recorded anything that made a noise for samples - a revving moped for an acid noise, big ol’metal door slamming for a kich drum etc. The thing that made me think he was takin the piss was he was getting the guy to hold the mic to a flower on the grass an saying “record the sound of thast flower” :twitchy: :wtf:

What a load of Bollox that program is - gettin more vacuous every episode - to sum up - so far we've seen jack all demonstrations of their mixing / selection talent, one of them's been on a "changing room" style f**kin makeover, another one's been recording flowers (evidently the most creative thing about this series so far), and DM Cut's been sitting around not believing his luck.

In fact, the only good thing about this whole series is that last nite it featured the www.drumnbassworldwide.com studios where i play most Saturdays.
And that weren't even a cheap plug... lol.

WE DON'T NEED THIS TYPE OF REALITY TV ABOUT DJS.

How depressing it is to see TV Producers try and make celebrities out of (wanna be) DJs.
Keepin it Real...

Chris Dub.

Posted by chris dub - 14-11-2003 at 13:26

In fact, the only good thing about this whole series is that last nite it featured the www.drumnbassworldwide.com studios where i play most Saturdays.

drumandbassworldwide.com looked like a gangsta studio! I noticed you had the link in your signiture Chris.
What time you play mate? ill tune in if i get a chance. :cool:

Be playin next on Sat 22nd Nov Jay - gonna chuck in loads of Photek / abstract beatz material i been feelin at the moment - get a bit deep with it.
B Good to have you along man, playin 12 - 2am.
Yeah, it does look a bit gangsta - pretty small studio, out in an industrial estate near Stratford. Gunshot.... lol.

Quite glad there's no techno djs as it would probably ruin the scene. I wonder if they will actually show any mixing in the rst of the series, as they seem more interested it the people than the music.

Back
Top Bottom