The Journey Begins

M5318

Yo, another guy getting on the DJ bandwagon, and need some help setting up my first set. :)

I'm looking at getting some CDJ's (I would love to get vinyl, but simply cannot afford to re-buy my music library), and i have a budget of about 240 pounds. I was looking at the Gemini CDM3600, would like to know what you guys think, and if you had any other suggestions?

In terms of speakers and an amp i have about 100 pound. Found a nice pair of 120W sony's for 25 quid, just wandering if the amp has to meet the same wattage as the speakers or not? Probably been asked many a times but i still don't understand the whole business :). Again if anyone has any suggestions, I would be very grateful. Thanks guys.

get an amp of the same wattage per channel or more. If you get a more powerful one (up to 100w per channel ish) just be careful. Aslong as you dont take the piss with it you shouldnt blow anything.

I got a numark axis 9 a few days ago and i'm well happy with it, for £250 on whybuynew.co.uk you can get a pair of axis 4s, maybe even a mixer as well.

Cheers for the feedback guys, appreciate it. I'll look into the numark range, but i don't quite know what you mean by moniters? Probably a dumb question, but theres no point in me spending money on something stupid. :)

Cheers for the feedback guys, appreciate it. I'll look into the numark range, but i don't quite know what you mean by moniters? Probably a dumb question, but theres no point in me spending money on something stupid. :)

Monitors are speakers mate, if you look into buying any, makes sure they are "active monitors" this just means that you dont need an amp to power them as each speaker has one built in.

i know a few people who se numark, they quite popualr, i seen mobile djs with them as well.

i bought a set of gemini cd decks (back when i experiemednted with cd's (im a vinyl man u see lol)) i didnt rate them at all, broke really quickly.they where 2nd hand, but still u dont expect that.

also try and get decks with mp3 playback if ur not fussed about the format, as you can put more songs on the disc, and theyre usually cheaper to buy

Also if you go for monitors the KRK range are very....good!
Might be a bit out of your price range though.

Back
Top Bottom