THE I LOVE/HATE JUMP UP DEATH ARENA

Obviously there is variation in quality and there will always be exceptions, BUT, if you had to put it into one sentence and sum it up, you'd say jump-up is poor quality drum&bass primarily aimed at an audience of morons.

In the word's of me old mukka Riisu:

DEBATABLE

Obviously there is variation in quality and there will always be exceptions, BUT, if you had to put it into one sentence and sum it up, you'd say jump-up is poor quality drum&bass primarily aimed at an audience of morons.

Oh come on.

So I guess in contrast, you would say that all liquid drum and bass is all high quality, well produced music aimed at the top percentile of the population that have achieved higher levels of intellectualistic balance. Pull your head out of your arse mate.

Your opinion is not fact. Please stop treating it as such.​

I find that its a shame that most noobs here think clownstep is jump up. Jump up was all about sub bass (sometimes distorted), and hiphop samples. It had a feel good sort of vibe and it certainly felt jumpy.

Clownstep doesn't usually have hiphop samples and it tends to use bad company-esk techstep sounds along side its jumpy groove. Not to forget it has that silly wobble sound.

More specific...

Jump up 1995-2001

Clownstep 2002-now.

I like both, I didn't use to.

Oh come on.

So I guess in contrast, you would say that all liquid drum and bass is all high quality, well produced music aimed at the top percentile of the population that have achieved higher levels of intellectualistic balance. Pull your head out of your arse mate.

:ditto:

all jump up fans are idiots??? When I'm out I want jump up. It's got the vibes. When I ski/skate/drive I like something soft. Liquid. When I'm stoned at home I LOVE flamenco music (I'm half pedro) lol. And when I'm with my pals that I see on the regs we listen grime/dubstep/hiphop. In there opinion all dnb is the same wank. Point is that's a whole lot of music. Am I a idiot cos I like jump up? Yeah?

Oh come on.

Ok ok, that was an OTT post made to get a reaction, hence the use of the word 'moron'.

However, if you're telling me theres no correlation then you're deluded.

Surely you can see a difference in the sophistication and class of the productions of Logistics and Original Sin, to give two very bait examples?

Additionally, look at the reaction of the crowd when, for example, Andy C does his Together VIP / Tear You Down mix. Its pure euphoria, great vibes. Compare this to when a jump up tune is dropped - only the other day I was reading on here that someone saw a raver get bottled when Machete was dropped on a Playaz night.

How many nights have you enjoyed less due to the presence of thugs and rudeboys at raves? I don't normally see these groups marvelling over the intricacy of Break's latest roller, or the beautifully keyed mix of two tunes.

People have freedom to do what they want, but I would love D&B even more if there was less jump up about and less of the typical followers it has. Thats my opinion, but surely some of these trends I've mentioned are clear to see?

Again, I need to state there are loads of exceptions to both the music and the punters, but the general links are obvious!

Additionally, look at the reaction of the crowd when, for example, Andy C does his Together VIP / Tear You Down mix. Its pure euphoria, great vibes. Compare this to when a jump up tune is dropped - only the other day I was reading on here that someone saw a raver get bottled when Machete was dropped on a Playaz night.

How many nights have you enjoyed less due to the presence of thugs and rudeboys at raves? I don't normally see these groups marvelling over the intricacy of Break's latest roller, or the beautifully keyed mix of two tunes.

As much as I don't like saying it, I agree exactly with what your saying.
It's like when One Nation came to Bournemouth back in September. I don't remember exactly who was playing (maybe Andy C again), but there was good vibes on the dancefloor.

Then the DJ happened to drop Mr Happy, and a group of about 10(max) people just started going absolutely mental, to such an extent that they weren't raving, but knocking over people.

It's vibes like that make me wonder whether I can be arsed to go raving at One Nation anymore, but then I think, "fuck it, it was 10 people out of about 1,000, just happened to be a bunch of wankers who decided to come along, they wont come back...".

Nieve maybe?

i'd say that at a main stream rave you are gonna get your rude boy wannabes, and genuine rude boys, and ok yes there are a total of 0 at say bukem nights etc, but without a doubt they tend to go on with there heads up there arse. the snobs of dnb. perfect example. some years ago now at a flashback, i think???? bukem said to ratty " i cant wait to fuck off mate. i hate this kids music" SNOB

As much as I don't like saying it, I agree exactly with what your saying.
It's like when One Nation came to Bournemouth back in September. I don't remember exactly who was playing (maybe Andy C again), but there was good vibes on the dancefloor.

Then the DJ happened to drop Mr Happy, and a group of about 10(max) people just started going absolutely mental, to such an extent that they weren't raving, but knocking over people.

It's vibes like that make me wonder whether I can be arsed to go raving at One Nation anymore, but then I think, "fuck it, it was 10 people out of about 1,000, just happened to be a bunch of wankers who decided to come along, they wont come back...".

Nieve maybe?

100% Agreed. I think that you've hit it on the head really. Nobody wants to be up their own arse but also nobody wants to be intimidated in the rave.

However, there are some fucking ace jump up tunes that get the place smashing, and thats in regards to DJ's who play all sorts of tunes like Andy C or Friction. I think that the problem is probably more with the people (or small amount of people) rather than an issue with the actual tunes themselves?

Would prefer to see less threads regarding 'Jump up' as a whole.. it's just a sub genre of dnb.. if you sight somethign so large; such a sub genre as a problem, how can the thread ever stay on topic or how can individual problems be solved?

Just a thought ^_^

I think Jump Up is a good party Genre.
You dance like a psycho on this shit. That´s cool. And that´s it.
I love Jump Up. But I Love Drum&Bass with all the subgenres.
Great Music.

I know what everyone is on about by saying that jump up is going down the shitter especially with producers like original sin, people like that are turning jump up into drum n noise and there is absolutely NO originality imo. Don't get me wrong there is a few producers knocking out the odd smasher now and again but tbh the best jump up by far is in the past now and that's a shame. Producers like Commix, Nu:Tone, Danny Byrd etc, etc, are the ones pushing the drum n bass forward imo and they are pushing the bar higher for a better standard of production and originality. I don't get why some people say that the best dnb for a rave is jump up, don't get me wrong I do enjoy a bit of jump up at a rave but it should be mixed up with everything else the genre has to offer (Friction anyone?), original sin, etc, sets are pretty awful imo, same drums pretty much all the way through and just noises and beeps. *RANT OVER* LOL

Ok ok, that was an OTT post made to get a reaction, hence the use of the word 'moron'.

However, if you're telling me theres no correlation then you're deluded.

Surely you can see a difference in the sophistication and class of the productions of Logistics and Original Sin, to give two very bait examples?

People have freedom to do what they want, but I would love D&B even more if there was less jump up about and less of the typical followers it has. Thats my opinion, but surely some of these trends I've mentioned are clear to see?

Again, I need to state there are loads of exceptions to both the music and the punters, but the general links are obvious!

I agree that certain types of people at a rave can spoil it for others - I've been pushed around and battered at the front of a club as much as anyone else here has, and certain people have spoilt parts of some nights out... But they've also not been present at other events (e.g. some student nights) where they've played jump up and the attitude is different, a lot more pleasant.

The attitude of a few pilled up scallies doesn't define the quality of a genre. Those people would probably act exactly the same way if they were listening in their room or in a car.

Your problem is not with the music but with a small portion of the people that also enjoy it - however violent or annoying that enjoyment manifests itself, you shouldn't let it sour your view of a whole genre of music.

well get used to it.
drum and bass aint aimed at any class of person, its not meant to be elite, posh suprior music for snobish cunts.
unfortunatly dnb gets it because the new wave of fans think they are cool because they own both pendulum albums and a few dnbarena compilations.

jungle started off with people who tended to be ''morons'' they had this music which bought different cultures together....not frat parties or college parties whatever you have.
you say it is poor quality but i dont think you will be able to make a tune that is good enough for taxman ect..
jump up may sound simple and monophonic to you but there is alot more to the music than you think. It may just sound like drums and a wobble but to make that wobble takes time, some sort of formula being able to sync it with the speed of the tune ect....plus mastering to get the best sound possible, finding the samples eq'ing them to perfection.
anyways i could go on but then i doubt u will read it..

well get used to it.
drum and bass aint aimed at any class of person, its not meant to be elite, posh suprior music for snobish cunts.
unfortunatly dnb gets it because the new wave of fans think they are cool because they own both pendulum albums and a few dnbarena compilations.

jungle started off with people who tended to be ''morons'' they had this music which bought different cultures together....not frat parties or college parties whatever you have.
you say it is poor quality but i dont think you will be able to make a tune that is good enough for taxman ect..
jump up may sound simple and monophonic to you but there is alot more to the music than you think. It may just sound like drums and a wobble but to make that wobble takes time, some sort of formula being able to sync it with the speed of the tune ect....plus mastering to get the best sound possible, finding the samples eq'ing them to perfection.
anyways i could go on but then i doubt u will read it..

Why did you respond to the one post I've admitted was OTT and a bit of a wind up? Reply to one of the others, I very much doubt you could fault what I say. Unless you deliberately miss the point like you just did.

And what you say about producing, the time gone into it, thats just producing in general, massive amounts of time into small details. Its not specific to jump up. Its probably less the case in jump up, especially as so many similar sounds are used in release after release. Original Sin hardly tears up his rulebook before started a new track does he? And anyway, just because time has gone into something doesn't make it good automatically. Its not true but even if jump took 10x as long, it would still be worse as you must remember this is music.

NICE TO SEE THE NO LESS THAN A 100 HUNDRED WORDS RULE IS STILL BEING RESPECTED KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GENTLEMEN

YO, THIS IS TIM WESTWOOD HOLLA! ALL YOU JUMP ON FOOLS GOTTA LEAN BACK YOUR GAME IS WEAK

NO ONE LIKES JUMP ON YOUR NOT KEEPIN IT REAL

OFF THE MEAT RACK

DROP THE BOMB

Back
Top Bottom