The "I can't get up for work" thread

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by sdm, Dec 3, 2003.

1. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

It's so impossible to get up for work, despite going to bed reasonably early!

Alarm rings at say 7:15AM, you reset it to 7:45AM and your STILL tired. However, if you ring in sick at 7:50AM you can quite easily get out of bed at 8:00AM and begin the day without feeling drained!

HATE THAT, what is it about pffft :twitch:

2. inf0r

inf0r /!\ Dainjah /!\

Someone was telling me the other day that humans "dream" in 1.5 hour cycles, thus if you have 1.5 / 3 / 6 / 9 etc.. hours sleep, you should wake up fresh as the proverbial daisy...

I think its shite personally, no matter what time it is, I feel like shite... I finish work at about 7pm and that's about the time I start to wake up & get hyper lol

3. mesh

mesh Active Member

my nanna (yes) used to say its the hours of sleep before midnight that do you most good.
    I dunno about this, they didnt have electricity back then, or amplified music even arrrgggh

I do know REM sleep can be real draining, cos its when you dream the most, and its often just b4 you wake up / after you go to sleep.

Funny how its all cured with a sick note!!! Did you drop some happy tunes to celebrate?

:coffee:

4. Mulla

Mulla Digital Future

I dont have to get up til just after eight so normally Im not too bad, although since getting back from holiday Ive found it damn hard!!! I spose I could get away with not getting up til about 8.45 as I only live a 5 minute walk from work, but I like to be able to have a shower/breakfast/quick spliff etc in the morning.

5. V Matt

V Matt Member

Same here, I've been back a week and a half and I've been at least 20 minutes late every day!!!

6. klusta

klusta Pulsar

lol, as sdm posts this message at 00.51!

cuttin down on the :drunk: & :spliff: helps.

7. ZESTOI

ZESTOI time for heroes.

I'm supposed to be up at 6, and at the bus stop by quarter to 8.

Thing is if I'm going to work I can get out of bed no probs, but when it comes to college...

Must be something in my subconsious or something lol. :kermit:

8. GESTURE

GESTURE New Member

:wtf: @sdm u lucky bastard i hav 2 b out of bed at 6 am this week to get a bus at 7am to b at wrk by 8am now thats shite!!!!!!!!!!!!! :| feel like a bag of shite till 4 pm lol