The Hive - Progress....

KidKut

Ok so far, we have decided to run a private Direct connect hub, its peer to peer (less bandwidth usage on the server), suitable admin commands, global chat room.

I ran an initial test off my machine, quite easy to set up, had a mac user (freaks :)) connect fine, yes there is a mac and pc version.

What I do need is about 10-20 or so people who will be able to connect to my box on sunday so i can run another test...

Also we will be looking for an admin team, probably about 10 people to begin with, you will need to learn all the ops commands etc and then we can discuss the ground rules etc.

For the actual sharing part i was thinking, we could get everyone set up a similiar file structure say like this:

Tracks - Place finished/unfinished tracks in this for distribution/feedback
Samples - Place your samples you want to share here
Shareware - Trials of audio software (TRIALS ONLY!)
Articles - Articles/Documents about production
Clips - Place 1 min clips of your track here as a teaser for distributors (I am going to try and get some join once we are established)

With direct connect you can search by folder name, so if you looking for samples, then you can just type samples and voila!

So basicly this is just to keep you guys updated and I'm looking for some volunteers. Only volunteer mind if you are willing to be dedicated to this otherwise you waste my time and yours.

Initially this will be hosted on a second box im setting up and then if it gets ridiculusly big, I know someone with a unix box to host it..

Any other ideas/feedback any of you may have for this please drop me a line or leave a post below.

Ive got no programming/technical knowledge when it comes to the internet unfortunatley
(me dumb!! :confused: ) but for your test an tings - i can help. Jus holler! :thumbsup:

Big yourself up for the effort you putting into this - if everyone shows the dedication that you are its going to be massive!! :applause:

p.s. ive got a few tunes ive been working on - ill get a cd burnt in the next few days - I need some advice/help with certain areas!

Last edited:
No worries mate, as for coding etc to be an admin you dont need any, it will be simple commands like kick so and so, sort of like irc if you have ever used that....

Ill contact everyone who is interested in helping on sunday about 1 pm, this will include username/password, ip address of server.

For now, if you go to www.neo-modus.com download the direct connect relevant to your pc (client version).

Ill include info on what else you need to set up when I mail out those details.

For now everyone who is interested can you send me an email at faef@barrysworld.com, ill create a mailing list.

Back
Top Bottom