The 'Help verbumsapiens make his first d+b beat' thread.

VerbumSapiens

(I don't think this is the best part of the forum to post this but here goes nothing...)
So I've got this atmosphere that I made a while back(please,don't mind the drums,they're just some random sounds that I've practiced with)...
http://soundcloud.com/verbumsapiens/who-am-i
And I was thinking that it would be great if I could turn it into a intro for a technoid/techstep style beat with some hard hitting drums and a freaky bass(something like FreqAx does)-that's the dream.Truth is that I've only got the dimmest of ideas on how to make actual abstract-techy drum and bass sounding drums(even though I've got a huge 'pile' of breaks) and not even a clue on how to produce wicked bass sounds using a vst('cause I for sure I-am-not going to use any samples for the bassline).I'd be more than grateful if someone would be willing to help me get me started with this beat-my very first dnb beat.Thanks in advance :wave:...

great cos me too. so load up a break in a slicer and go to vol env and shorten it so so theres only attack. do another copy of the break on top but lower in volume so now its snappier. do that with 3 breaks but get kick from one, snare from one and hi hat and ghost from the third. separete fx channels with distortion and compression and reverb and so forth. thats one way to make a snappy drum kit for staccato techstep breaks

I know that I'm a total newb but I never thought I was that bad:)).Honestly,I don't get a word you're telling me.This is what I did after I read your comment(mighty thanks for the feedback):
-Opened up FL.
-Got a break that's called 'chance_beat1_170BPM' into Slicex.
-Copied the Slicex 3 times.
-Opened the Channel Settings.Saw that Slicex didn't have any 'Inst' options so I tried using that knob in the Misc tab that's in Channel Settings.
-Switched from Slicex to FL Slicer.Oww,this one has other options.Wow,how awesome.I got into the 'Inst' options tab and played a little with the attack(because that was the only part that I got from your post).
-It didn't came up as I wanted to so I got a break outta FL Studio to post this.
Logikz,I appreciate your help and...excuse me if I'm boring...but...could you explain more precisely what am I supposed to do?For example,I don't understand what you're trying to say by 'ghost(channel,I guess)',does that mean I must keep it on mute?Thanks for the initiative :).

ghost is that sound in the tikka tikka of the breat. you know, kick snare tikka tikka kicksnare. in the tikka tikka, ti is the hi hat and ka is the ghost snare. i could send you an flp with an example

Back
Top Bottom