I don't particularly like this genre, as some tunes are fucking annoying and feature chipmunks on helium on vocals. But it's the majority of Happy Hardcore fans I hate, i.e. no hoper chavs. I fucking hate them.
I hate happy Hardcore does my head in. I remeber when my mate draged me into Happy Hardcore room at NYE at NEC. I felt so out place only lasted couple mins then went back to drum & bass room. I cant stand trance either.
Ive never felt a better atmosphere than an oldskool/happy hardcore rave. However i've been to a few more hardcore oriented raves when after a few hours it feels like a continuous loop full of roid heads
I can't stomach too much Happy Hardcore, and I'm not a big fan of Gabber. I like my DnB old school. Some of those vids posted from the 90s were sweet (I surfed to the Youtube page where they had tons of them). I found myself digging up old tracks for a throwback set.
I bet they sell lots of Tylenol at those HH events. =P
1. Scott Brown Vs DJ Rab S - Now Is The Time - [Evolution]
2. Brisk - Airhead (SMD Remix) - [Kniteforce]
3. DJ Vinyl Junkie - Tearin My Love Apart - [Earth]
4. Jimmy J & Cru-L-T - Take Me Away (Slipmatt's Techno Remix) - [Kniteforce]
5. Bass Reaction - Technophobia (Power Mix) - [Twisted Vinyl]
6. Paul Elstak - Luv U More - [STIP]
7. Vibes & Wishdokta - Motorway Madness - [Rogue Trooper]
8. Stingray & Sonicdriver - As Cold As Ice - [Dwarf]
9. Midas - Take It From The Groove - [Hecttech]
10. Charly Lownoise & Mental Theo - Stars - [Master Maximum]
11. Dr. Who (DJ Dougal) - Love Of My Life - [White]
12. Hopscotch - Midnight Express - [Essential Platinum]
13. Tiny Tot - Discoland - [Q-Dup]
When I was 16, I went to my first rave @ The Sanctuary. After being in the D&B room for a few hours we went for an explore into the Hardcore room. We were in there for I'd say around 30 seconds or so before all of us decided how shit the music was and left.
Hardcore is pony.