The Golden Question - Jobss

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by D-Jhepz, Jul 30, 2012.

1. D-Jhepz

D-Jhepz ◕‿◕

This is a 2 in 1er thread

1)What do you all do as your job? Are you happy?

2)On a hypothetical ting - would you/have you quit to pursuit something of greater interest.

Say one was living somewhere where he didn't want to be, surrounded by backward thinkers, doing something he didn't want to do but earning enough to convince him to stuff it and keep calm and carry on.

Just a hypothetical ;)

What your life stories :D

2. Scrapped

Scrapped Member

Working full-time in I.T support making great money. I.T is something I know rather than something I enjoy. I am using what I get paid to pay my way through school(sound design & Synthesis).

90% of the people here will say they want to pursuit music. As for me, After I finish study I will be going part time to invest more time in it. No heavy commitments so far sooo why not? :p

Do what you love....No mortgage, no big bills, no kids. Perfect timing for me!

Edit: I have great enggrish

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  3. MAJESTIC

MAJESTIC BishBashBosh

1) Unemployed Tiler / Traveller

2) Yes, Professional gambler (poker).

4. ApeCat

ApeCat Human Dubplate

I never had like a proper full time nine to five that I did for more than a few months at a time. Always thought of work as something I did secondary to pursuing a life of making and performing music. Most the time I don't have a job at all, like just now I've been bumming around picking up the Dj thing getting my name known across town as a Big Man being the best I can possibly do for a few months. When the money runs out I always find something to bring bread on the table, usually a short term contract, I spend very little money on clothes and I cook my own food most of the time, I drink and smoke responsibly [for the time being at least..] and have very few living expenses so life is pretty good, man!

5. Scrapped

Scrapped Member

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ApeCat again.

6. justin_credible

justin_credible Lurker

1. I work full time as an Electrical Project Engineer, which basically involves taking blame from every angle. I just finished a sustainable construction degree whilst working, looking at going on to construction management. I also run my own little ice cream bike business, selling at fairs and doing weddings and such. The money is pretty good with that, although obviously its only a summer thing really.

2. I enjoy my work because i feel im good at it, started off hating it, but things have been up. Ice Cream is more fun, especially the weddings (drunken bridesmaids yagetme) and pays for my holiday each year. I think if i won the lottery i would do something like open car valleting / detailing workshop to keep myself doing something, and my OCD raging, but at the moment im fairly happy with where im at.

7. D-Jhepz

D-Jhepz ◕‿◕

getting the jist of what people keep telling me... im almost 21 in a fulltime job (the only job ive eva had) in office admin in DUBAI and thats the bit that kills me :/ backward thinkers and backward laws and NO DRUM AND BASS... not making/playin music is very secondary to me but like id rather hate on life surrounded by my friends and raves and music and substances than hate on life in a desert :violin: everyone says fuck it you only live once but im living to the future that may never come and its hard choice cos i earn a rather large amount which i will probably never get again

8. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

aquire capital.... fuck bitches

9. D-Jhepz

D-Jhepz ◕‿◕

acquire bitchs and fuck capital :D

Scrapped likes this.
  10. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

who gives a fuck what you do for work. its just what you do to fund what you do out of work... take copious amounts of yay... fuck bitches... thats the meaning to life.

11. D-Jhepz

D-Jhepz ◕‿◕

aint nothing in dubai bruv... drier than a nuns vag - i wud love to holing my way thru life :D

12. justin_credible

justin_credible Lurker

True, but a steady income ensures steady yay income. Career progression also ensures higher yearly income, therefore more yay

13. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

PISSED!!

Well...

I work for The Salvation Army. 2 days as a Social/Project worker at a 48 Man homeless hostel in Kings Cross. I basically look after 8 under 21 year olds. Helping them get off drugs, back into work and into their own flats. Essentially helping them get off the street and back into "normal" life.
    and the other 3 days I work in The Salvation Army Insurance company. As an Insurance Underwriter.

big contrast between the two jobs... but basically.... i used to work in a bank for 3 years.... then moved into Social Work with homeless people... the government cut funding... so instead of cutting my hours down to 2 days a week.... they offered me a job in their insurance department.

And yeh... i pretty much would give up work to do full time producer/DJ and/or event promotions. But the money isnt good enough in either at the moment... so have to work. But i fukin love working with homeless peeps... its the best job in the world.... insurance is boring as fuck... but hey.... rough with the smooth and all that.

Scrapped likes this.
  14. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

thats what i tell my crack and my sack

15. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! you got stubbly crack!!? nothing worse.

16. DJ NUERA

DJ NUERA 5HEAD

^

I dont remember what I do Monday - Friday as soon as it hits the weekend. Pay my bills, pay my rent, no major diseases. Etc etc.
    Would like more djing / music making time though, but realistically its not exactly a stable money making career.

17. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

hairy crack... smooth balls

18. fractal

fractal Well-Known Member

does anyone know the purpose of a hairy crack? well annoying

19. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

smooth balls. I trim these days... too many bad experiences with Immac and red ball sack.

20. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

i do, i do!

well... it goes like this... during evolution, we as a species decided that keeping fur clean was too much of a hastle so we ended up shedding it, save for a few important places, namely the head and 'pubic' regions. this is because hair keeps sun off the old noggin and also keeps it warm in winter. now, the pits, balls and crack are where our manly man-stink comes from... and what do we find in man-stink? ah yes, pheremones... so we retained hair there in order to retain the stank that the ladies love so much. The end.