The Gladiator (anthemic drum and bass)

nice work man really like the strings intro builds well. drops a bit weirdly. interesting bass line. been listening to a few of your tracks. this ones betterthan the others, sounds liek youve put more work into it. Subbass could be a little louder. the hard simple drums need to be a bit quieter as well. good drop back into melody.

second reese cool but abit loud. nice flange.

yeah well worth a bit more work to make it awesome !

Fancy letting me have a remix of it ? What software you using ?

Cheers

PDX

those strings a sample ?

:alchy:

the strings work great with the simple beat. effective strategy. nice going. i agree with what paradigm x said. id like to hear a really catchy bassline on this as i feel it loses momentum when the bass drops and the beats calm down.

cool song, nice drum loop. didnt like the strings that much, maybe they would have been better if you had put some base within it. but i did like the base. good work.

Last edited:
:2thumbs: Thanks very much for the replies guys it means alot to us. The tune in all actuality was made in 2001. Drum and bass has come along way since then, it has become more ruffer and underground(more bass, and more oscillating sounds, and hecktic break lines). :broke_ima My boys brought the tune back to my attention when I played it out for them in a club, and they loved it and couldn't believe I made it (Charlie helped with the strings, beats and jp 8000 bassline, I just composed and arranged the rest) :p So I thought this tune had the most potential to make it with its simplicity. Thanks again one and all and keep the replies coming. O I made it with Acid 1.0 back in the diz-ay. And remixing the track is not an option at this point sorry. But when it gets signed I'll holler back at you. I promise.

sincerely yours :sing:

james and c-dog

Back
Top Bottom