The Fuck Is This, Hospital?

OneSeventy

VIP Junglist
http://itunes.apple.com/gb/preorder/hospital-loungecore-classics/id549376452

Come on Hospital. Just call it drum & bass and admit you're putting together another compilation of old tunes.

Google's own definition of loungecore:

lounge·core /ˈlounjˌkôr/
Noun: Songs from the 1960s and 1970s, including easy listening music, orchestral versions of rock songs, and television or movie theme songs.

Dnb does not fit that description I'm afraid. Even the cover art is 60s, but that just makes it even more of a lie.

Distancing themselves from their past. At least they're bringing out a compilation to make some of the kids aware of what Hospital used to be about before they went down the drain

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/preorder/hospital-loungecore-classics/id549376452

Come on Hospital. Just call it drum & bass and admit you're putting together another compilation of old tunes.

Google's own definition of loungecore:

lounge·core /ˈlounjˌkôr/
Noun: Songs from the 1960s and 1970s, including easy listening music, orchestral versions of rock songs, and television or movie theme songs.

Dnb does not fit that description I'm afraid. Even the cover art is 60s, but that just makes it even more of a lie.
lol, just a tongue in cheek thing I expect. weird thing to get annoyed about.

"stadium drum'n'bass" was the one that got me, a while back. I mean really, fuck off with that

dont think the tl is really that decent anyway.
Weapons bundle is the best hospital compilation, lots of classics there.

loungecore. and a 60s cover art design you say. very well. could be they knew it was a 60s things. they are rather informed people whats calling the shots over at hospital you know. is it bad if i dont know a single tune on there? i know some of the artist. heard d-kay before. i think. can i dolan this thread or not

so i listened through it on itunes and i take back everything i said, these are all very loungey tunes and its a great compilation. i havent heard these tunes before btw, could be that adds to the listening experience.

Yeah I guess I was a bit quick to bag on it. I'm not saying it's a bad compilation – there's some clearly classic tunes on it – I was just a bit confused by the name which seems so off. But like someone said, it could be tongue-in-cheek in which case, please continue Hospital.

so i listened through it on itunes and i take back everything i said, these are all very loungey tunes and its a great compilation. i havent heard these tunes before btw, could be that adds to the listening experience.

some of these are from the days when i was buying hospital releases on sight.

been a while tbh.

The plastic surgery EP's that the tomahawk and d kay tunes came out on have some really really good tunes on them - you should investigate further.

Zed Bias - "Something about This" rarely leaves my record bag, even today.

I thought Tony Coleman was 'excited about bringing back a new compilation'?

Instead, he clearly meant recycling the classic hospital tunes to try and make the 'headz' not hate the commercial direction of the label. Forgive me if I'm wrong though...

Hospital need to sign a deal with some shitty mainstream label and go along with Fresh.

Leave Med School untouched though!

Back
Top Bottom