The Florida Thread

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by $marty, Sep 30, 2010.

1. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member

Going there in a couple of weeks with the missus. Has anyone got any recommendations of what to check out there? We're gonna hit the theme parks for sure, but what other stuff is worth having a butchers at?
    Thanks in advance you laaaverly people

2. DJ Spliff

DJ Spliff Never Enuff Vinyl

You need to come up North a couple states and drop in on me bro! I'm not sure of what sites to see other than do a little research on the beaches to see where you'll be staying.

3. Ozmatic

Ozmatic Chair of the Nitty Gritty Committee

well, I'd take a trip down the coast to Busch Gardens (Think you can get a multiticket for Universal studios and this for a week) and have a look around there, seriously good

Food wise, visit a Wall-Mart and a waffle house (there was this one that looked a bit grotty, but was the damn best waffles and steak i've had in a long time) and just look at all the kids toys as well (crossbows that can kill are ideal kids toys). Was this place that sold Goat Fudge as well which was brilliant

On a theme park angle as well, Universal Studios+Seaworld+Busch Gardens> DisneyLand every day of every week ever :D

4. jmzmaloney

jmzmaloney ENTHUSED WITH ETHNOGRAPHIC PLUNDERPHONICS Staff Member

Theme parks really take it out of you. Was there for 2 weeks last year. 4 days we werent at theme parks and was totally knackered, just lazed by the pool. Went to one of those Themed meal things though, interesting to see how the Americans live, Arabian Knights or some shit. Do a drive-by on some hispanics.

5. DJ Spliff

It's an unwritten rule that all Waffle Houses appear as if you could walk in there and get either ragged and abducted in the bathroom only to wake up tied to a chair with a potato stuck up your ass and a bowl of sour cream on the table next to you. Pretty good food though. :)

6. wo88le

wo88le A Mockery of a Travesty

alligator jerky fo sho

7. dnbkingz

dnbkingz bollocks

8. $marty

Thanks guys! Much appreciated. My missus wanted to know what the best malls to check out are, and i'd like to know what Cinema's are decent as Jackass 3D's out when we visit (I think we are staying near Seaworld)

:D To be fair this is the first holiday I have had in 6 years.

9. herojuana

herojuana hairy kuala

space station a bit further down is awesome. and the florida keys are awesome! but right down the bottom of florida... probably quite greasy now too (thanks BP)

everglades is pretty win also

10. dnbkingz

dnbkingz bollocks

Well in that case then. Fucking enjoy yourself man!!
    Beer up, knickers down

11. $marty

(clasps hands) Oh yesh! WHISKEEEEY

12. kenyon

kenyon @ The Crack Spot

went a couple of years ago go to daytona racetrack pretty sick musem and geta go on the track and koko beach near Orlando was good

13. DJ Spliff

KoKo beach is supposed to be a beautiful beach as well.

14. $pyto

$pyto Soundcloud changed everything

Only been there once, and that was a pretty long time ago - they were in the process of building the Islands Of Adventure when I went. They are a must though, all friends & famo have recommended them to me. As they have Busch Gardens (shame that it's not....well, you know)

Don't eat brekky @ Denny's; food was cold, shit and overpriced. Oh yea, how do you like your bacon? I like mine chewy, not crunchy, so that was a bit of a bitch. Seaworld is a must. I know they must be on their 546679827927'th Shamu but the bitch can still jump!

Go to Downtown Disney for a bit of grub, seems to be a lot less packed and a bit cheaper - Rainforest Cafe is a must. Chocolate Slurpy things were MUNCH. And there was a massive fair in Old Town, Kissamee, I think? Nice food and a massive bungee from a crane - if that's your thing.

Have a good time mate, nuff jealous, but fair play 6 years n all :)

15. $marty

Cheers $py. Yeah i'm fucking looking forward to it bro. Need a damn holiday. It's been too long!

16. herojuana

herojuana hairy kuala

17. Gloxxy

Gloxxy I SNORT COAL

There are two malls a bus ride away. If you aren't getting a car then get an iRide trolley 14 day pass. It will pay for itself within 5 days of your being there and it goes the entire length of International Drive with Prime Outlet Mall and Orlando Premium Outlet Mall either end of International Drive. Florida Mall needs a taxi journey but there is an M&M's store there which is sick!

We got a 14 day Orlando FlexTicket to Universal Studios, Islands Of Adventure, SeaWorld & Aquatica and Wet'n'Wild before we went. It was about £160 each but it saved us a fucking ton of money as the prices were ludicrous when we got there. You can get a FlexTicket Plus to include Busch gardens if you want.

Check the site >>>>> http://www.floridatix.co.uk/orlando-flexticket.aspx

Universal has a massive 20 screen multiplex for you watch movies in 3D, Adam.

The best water park by a country mile is the Sea World water park, Aquatica. Its absolutely sick. We went there 4 times in 2 weeks!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2010