The FL Studio thread (share tips, tricks, secrets etc.)

ahhh ok cheers logiks, i'll have another crack tonight at some point, are there any decent online FL guides? i found the Help options pretty chod...
i'll look through this thread later as no doubt theres some excellent tips on here but, what i need is a lazy spazmo's guide to using FL's full potential

You can route channels, so if you have a delay on channel 1 and another one on channel 2 you can route the fx from 1 to 2 if that's what you mean...

how would you route channel 1 to channel 2?????

i know you can route send channels to send channels by using fruity send but how would you do it on normal fx channels????

:confused:

ok never mind, ive worked it out myself

all this talk of how great fruity is, its time for a moan.......

if you have made a track with samples that are stored on a cd, and its not in the drive when you open your song, fruity will search your harddisk for the sample which takes AGES, and theres no cancel button. the only way to stop it is to press ctrl, alt & del and terminate the program.

also when it searches for the sample, it could end up finding a sample with the same name (how many you got called snare01??) and stick that in your track without telling you

its a pain in the arse

rant over

over than that i think its a great program

also when it searches for the sample, it could end up finding a sample with the same name (how many you got called snare01??) and stick that in your track without telling you

Well, FL Studio is just trying to help you, and if you pay attention you'll notice it's trying to locate missing samples which should alarm you it might not find the right one.
btw, if that happens you can just do a search for the right sample with the find function in the browser bar.

It's a good idea to not just save your completed tracks as .flp, but also to save them as a zip package, which includes all the samples you used. That way you can easily find the right sample again later even if you (re)moved them from the original location used by the .flp.
It took me some time to get into the habit of also saving stuff as zip, but I believe it's worth it.

It's a good idea to not just save your completed tracks as .flp, but also to save them as a zip package, which includes all the samples you used. That way you can easily find the right sample again later even if you (re)moved them from the original location used by the .flp.
It took me some time to get into the habit of also saving stuff as zip, but I believe it's worth it.
Wise words (y)

Well, FL Studio is just trying to help you, and if you pay attention you'll notice it's trying to locate missing samples which should alarm you it might not find the right one.
btw, if that happens you can just do a search for the right sample with the find function in the browser bar.

i know its trying to help, but it could at least tell you it couldnt find the sample in the original place and has put another in there which may not be the one it should be

and if you pay attention

alright mate calm down, i just said its a bit of a pain, i love fruity, dont take it so personally :|

im what u could call a rooki in FL so could anybody let me know how to get my bass low enough like in dubtep(thats the kinda music i make ) plz somebody explain
cheers

try making the root note of your bass higher....

click on the channel settings for your sound, go to "misc" then right click the above the note an octave or two higher, know what i mean?

so if the root note is c5, right click the space above c6 or c7

How to Make Wobbly Bass using LFO

Whack your bass into a mixer channel and then put a Fruity Filter onto it.
Then put a Peak Controller onto the bass. Go to the Filter panel and right click on the cut-off knob.
Click Link To Controller and a box should appear. Click on the popdown menu for Internal Controller and choose Peak Control - LFO.
Then go back to the Peak Controller, turn the mute off and fiddle with the knobs in the bottom section.
You can choose the waveform for the LFO, adjust the speed and adjust how much filter cut you want.

Dicking around with this should give you the WUB WUB sound

when doing it this way, you can get some cool sounds by changing the speed of the LFO throughout the track

to do this just right click the LFO speed knob and select "create automation clip" then draw in the speeds you want the bass to wobble at

if you draw automation points at the following percentages, the bass will wobble at the following speeds........

(8 steps means bass will wobble once per 8 steps)

41% = 8 steps
31% = 4 steps
28% = 3 steps
23% = 2 steps
15% = 1 step
10% = 1/2 step

you can get some badboy dubstep basses doing this :bounce:

Can someone please tell me how to stop Edison from automaticaly fadeing in when you edit/cut a sample? Its prob just a button press but cannot work out which one.

:typing:

Hey Guys
I'm on FL 3 still :S I've been trying to find a peak controller on that, but no joy, where do I need to look or is it a plug in/not exist in 3?

also, how do you program a drum roll/build thingymebob. I've been playing, but to no avail. It always ends up sounding a bit pooh.

Hey Guys
I'm on FL 3 still :S I've been trying to find a peak controller on that, but no joy, where do I need to look or is it a plug in/not exist in 3?

its an effect plugin, fl3 is old but im sure it has the peak controller

I saw Indi put up the scales, so I thought I'd chip in with the circle of fifths, even though this is done as a line. Imagine it as a clock face with the C at the 12 position

It basically works on a progressive step up by keys that relates to the number of sharps and flats in each key scale that goes

C-G-D-A-E-B(Cflat)-Fsharp(Gflat)-Dflat(Csharp)
Aflat-Eflat-Bflat-F-C

(The two C's are at the start and end of the circle)

Referencing back to he scales Indi put up you should see that C has no sharps/flats, G has 1 sharp, D has 2 and so on.

Back
Top Bottom