The final say - The Ashes decider tonight (aus time)

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Alba, Sep 8, 2005.

1. Alba

Alba geddiddinya

who else is amped for this? must win for the aussies to retain the "ashes" (which never leave lords anyway grrr)...

mcgrath back, warne, lee and tait the other bowlers, pity they didnt go for a 5 man attack and bring macgill in. esp the way the english have played spin this series... the selectors havent been on point for a while now though so, meh.

hayden should have been dropped for the last match. it's funny how much feeling there is against the selectors over here at the moment. shows how worried people really are because the english side really is a good side, albeit young. the batters are just so fearless, and the bowlers are accurate and fast. the english probably deserve to win, but i dont want them too...
    :teeth:

cmon aussie cmon, i can see the neighbours getting pissed off at me yelling at the tv @ 1am when a wicket falls. hehehe

cricket fans rejoice @ the prospect of a nailbiter :)

2. mesh

mesh Active Member

I'm totally confused as to how many Uk crew give a rats arse about the cricket. I've always loved it and I really like it when Australia get pressed as hard as they have been this series, doesnt happen enough.
    That Freddy Flintoff is a champ!

ANy interest over there?

Alba how weird is it watching cricket in the wee hours instead of on a summer day?

3. Alba

Alba geddiddinya

yeh, it loses the social feel of it. ya cant have the boys around for barbie and beers at 9pm on a weeknight esp since its raining and cold.

i AM partial to sitting in front of the fire with the cricket on and a nice single malt on the rocks though... could get used to it :teeth: lucky sara is away so i dont have to put up with "HAVEN'T YOU GOT WORK IN THE MORNING?!!"

hmmm, roller @ rosemount tonight with a drunkard playtoy and then home to watch the cricket and be all hungover and frazzled at work tomorrow... thats what life is about boyee

4. playtoy'

playtoy' anauric

i dropped the ball once and everyone said i should go play for the english cricket team.....

thehehehehhehehehe

5. mISHKA

mISHKA Member

Sorry guys but I gotta say, for all yer teams big talking this series they've been pretty weak.

I'm looking forward to our boys finally giving the Aussies a kick up the arse!

edit: Going to watch the last day at the ground :D :D

6. mesh

mesh Active Member

sounds like fun, yeah far too much shit talking and bad 'tude from our boys ... as usual. at least Ponting held it down for the first year or so as capt, took getting beat by you lot to push him back to bad form.

Quite honestly its been the best series in years due to the fact an actual competition is on :saber:

7. Alba

Alba geddiddinya

yeh, i cringe when they start talking shit... prolly much the same as the way mesh cringes when i start talking shit on here.

warne is such a dickhead, he's just a genius cricketer. gilly's voice sends shivers up mt spine and i think "what the hell does the english think of the way aussies speak?"

BAAAAOOOOWWWLLLLED SHHAAAYYYNE!!!11

anyways, i hope they retain it, theyre fighters, its going to be a ripper match. the experience they have over the younger english side is the only upside of them all being geriatrics.

8. 12 inch grinch

12 inch grinch Active Member

im affraid we got this one in the bag and about time too been years since a victory in the ashes , this series has been class best cricket in ages .come england let stroll to victory,...:whipem:

9. mesh

mesh Active Member

true enuff so far, but it remains to be seen ... bit more of yesterday's performance bowling wise would help us.

10. Alba

Alba geddiddinya

12", it isnt going to be a stroll... our boys wont lay down. its been the best series of ashes cricket in years and i've thoroughly enjoyed it.

its too early to say what is going to happen but that was a tough display from warney last night. freddie and strauss are a danger. i think thats the difference between england and australia, england look dangerous with the bat and ball, where the aussies only have one really dangerous bowler and no-one stepping up with the bat.

tait was woeful with his accuracy and mcgrath is obviously still sore because he was a little off his usual pace.

can't wait for tonight.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2005
  11. 12 inch grinch

12 inch grinch Active Member

well i can say ...that

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS SO FOR 1 TIME :respekt:
    OUR ALMIGHTY CRICKET TEAM.... AND UNLUCKY AUZZIES......LOL WE ARE CHAMPS AND HOLD THE ASHES......

12. zeeky deek

zeeky deek Moaning all the time.

Whilst I'll admit that the England side have been the better side over the summer, I think (and I'm sure any Cricket watcher will agree) that the Australian side are nowhere near the side they used to be, and the English side (for the most part) had this series handed to them.

In one test, a better final ball could've drawn the match, another, a full toss being struck for 4 instead of 1 would've won a match for the Australians, so despite having home advantage, using fairly dodgy bending of the rules, playing a mediocre side and having arguably the best side in their history, England still only "just" beat the Aussies.

Oh, and let's not even start on the dropped catches... goodness me, I've never seen an Australian side field so poorly.

Yes, so well done.

Let's see how they do in Pakistan.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2005
  13. Alba

Alba geddiddinya

england are deserving winners... best series of test cricket i can remember. zeek, youre right mate, the aussies were frustrating to watch sometimes.

actually, congrats to hayden for making alot of people (including me) eat their words. still needs to think seriously about retiring from international cricket.

14. Bad Ace

Bad Ace Close2Death

its all aload of shite in my opinion :p

15. mISHKA

mISHKA Member

Congratulations to the team, shows if you can keep up the pressure you can get rewards, we had a slice o'luck with only having 1 major injury this series but still our boys kept plugging and fully deserve it. Quality series.

Lets hope they can keep their good form after a big win unlike our rugby team !

16. mesh

mesh Active Member

very true, although some commentatorts belive theior fielding has been slipping for a while and is only noticeable when they come up against another quality side. I'd agree.

Big up The Ashes, well done England.

17. DarkMatter

DarkMatter Darker The Better

i dont follow cricket but well done england anyway

18. Alba

Alba geddiddinya

after seeing the big crowds and jubilation, i AM glad they won. you just wouldnt get that in australia, people here expect to win large sporting events. complacent bastards.

19. mesh

mesh Active Member

only 3 players in their 20s, not a good sign for Australia. Lets find some fast bowlers.

20. Alba

Alba geddiddinya

theyre there... they just need to gain a little experience and top level coaching. need to stop patching up the old fellas with bandaids and getting the younguns some exposure.

that tait guy has soem speed... just needs to work on accuracy and game pressure