DnB The Feeling - Alto (Need Feedback!)

I know nothing about producing dnb music or djing, but that's dope. I think a transition from the heavier part to the soft part around 3:00 would make it more interesting. There is about a minute of good heavy sound, it drags on a little bit so the change to soft and slow is sharp. I don't know the fundamentals, but that makes sense to me. Either way I was jamming out so good job haha (y)

Love that bassline man! I am writing as I listen so apologise if I make a suggestion that has actually been done but I think perhaps you should sidechain it later on in the track :) I can feel it sounding really great now! Also, I think the bass synth sounds just a little bit electronic (I know that sounds ridiculously stupid as this is electronic music after all!) so maybe play with your sound a bit. I think it would be wicked if it had a bit of a deeper more low kinda sound. But it really shouldn't need much tweaking at all!

Vocals are wicked too. Maybe just bring the beat up a bit though imo.

Brilliant track mate!

I think you should make this a bit more interesting, because it gets kinda repetitive over time..
And I also think that the mixdown could use quite some work! Right now the bassline is overpowering the whole track too much.

Last edited:
Cheers for the feedback guys, i get what you mean by the bass being to electronic and not having any 'feeling' to it, ill work on that a bit. Maybe just a tad less distortion up top. Glad you like the vocals too, took me a while to get right. Caldeth, i know what you mean by the bassline is too overpowering, but thats what i was going for with the track! you should hear with the bassline muted... not much there, maybe thats why it sounds a bit repetitive...

some really good idea's in this man.. really nice vibe..

but the drums really need some high end. the kick/snare sounds quite dull my end.

what speaker/headphones are you using?

sounds really good ! id add a section of rides to brighten it up in some places, and maybe some other mid range drum layers to add variance. Apart from that nice work!

chur!

This is good man, proper Netsky feel to it. Agree that the bassline is overpowering... but i love the sound... and the vocals :), can't remember where I've heard the vocals before though!

I dunno but maybe you could try adding some modulation inserts on the bassline and automate it in certain places like at the end of a bar or something. And add some more FX on top :) like risers and downshifters and shizzle like that.

Yea thats what ive been working on now with the bass, just getting some more movement outta it to keep it interesting. Heres where i got the sample from hahahahah around 1.54

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea thats what ive been working on now with the bass, just getting some more movement outta it to keep it interesting. Heres where i got the sample from hahahahah around 1.54

Hahaha i definitely do not remember it from that song, theres a dnb song its from aswell. Following you on sound cloud now man so let me know when you've finished it.

Also... quick question, what did you use to rip the sample?

---------- Post added at 20:19 ---------- Previous post was at 20:13 ----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkGFNOeY3_0

There you go, from the legends themselves :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wooooahh didnt realise C&K used it haha. Cheers for the follow as well man!
I didnt use anything to rip it, i just downloaded a massive acapella pack that i searched up on google

Sounding good mate, tho theres a couple of things that I thought about. Im not sure that you need to de-electrify your bassline. I'd make it angrier actually, I sorta likes contrasts ^^ I'm not too fond of that higher layer of the bass tho. And the snare not so much either, it feels like a brutal murder by compression. It got no room to breath :p

But like I said mate, the track got potential no doubt. Keep it up brah :>

Back
Top Bottom