The ex estate agent DJ

DJ-Haze

Sup Guys,

Im actually a regular on the Forum just never really posted...

About 3 months ago i was made redundant from the estate agency business and all i can say it was a blessing in disguise!

Ive been non stop learning the decks since then, love that feeling when you actually pull something off, kind of like a personal drug if ya get me. Keeps me going and wanting more!

Also enrolled on a music production course locally learning Logic, put some of the baselines in my head to the test..

My first official mix should be up soon... got some bangers in there.

Looking forward to the future of DNB

J

Welcome mate!

Well stick at it mate, and good luck with the course and stuff. I'll be expecting to see your name on Juno soon with an EP on the way ;)

Welcome to the forum man. I know how you feel i can't get enough of mixing love it. Good luck with course. Take it ezy

Thanks for the warm intro guys....

The kind of stuff im producing at the moment has a Logistics/Matrix & Futurebound vibe about it. Im still getting to grips with Logic, but really would recommend it if your getting into producing.

My aim is to create something inbetween Liquid and Jump up

My taste in DNB is very mixed, i like a bit of everything. As long as the beat is good, a good melody to it and it gets people movin.

First mix should be done in 2 weeks or so, looking forward to putting it up. I have to admit my Dj'ing skills arnt to great yet, mainly EQ's and Levels is what gets me, if any could give some advice on those??

Peace

Thanks for the warm intro guys....

The kind of stuff im producing at the moment has a Logistics/Matrix & Futurebound vibe about it. Im still getting to grips with Logic, but really would recommend it if your getting into producing.

My aim is to create something inbetween Liquid and Jump up

My taste in DNB is very mixed, i like a bit of everything. As long as the beat is good, a good melody to it and it gets people movin.

First mix should be done in 2 weeks or so, looking forward to putting it up. I have to admit my Dj'ing skills arnt to great yet, mainly EQ's and Levels is what gets me, if any could give some advice on those??

Peace

http://lazyrecords.co.uk/articles/beatmatching.html

:D ;)

Welcome, being fired from my old job as a Furniture Salesman made me start mixing, best thing thats happened to me. You just up the road from me in Guildford, theres quite a few members from these parts too. Is Guildford sound & light still going?

Oh and theres another DJ Haze on this forum, I beg you please don't turn out like he has.

Read what everybody else says about beatmatching, then put it to one side and perfect your own method. You just have to remember the basics - don't bring a record in with the bassline killed, don't forget to roughly balance the levels (get a mixer with VU meters for all the channels ideally! or if you have a Numark like I do, you'll see the levels of whatever channel you've got on the Monitor Mix if you're monitoring or cueing a track up and have the Monitor button pushed).

Get to know your tunes, then you'll beatmatch faster because you know how the rhythm goes, or how the beat pattern changes as the next sections come in. Listening to your records from start to end will help with this ;)

Back
Top Bottom