The End for The End ( and Ram, Renegade, Makry & Friends, Swerve etc)

DJ Wizz

Bless, Union, Force FM
VIP Junglist
As we all know the legendary End Club will be shutting its doors for the last time in Janurary and will be greatly missed by many a junglist and raver for tht matter.

I was wondering where Ram (and other dnb residencies) were gonna relocate their events? or even if they are going to continue doing nights at all (silly not to seeming as every time they do one its a guearanteed sell out and down the road que). Will they take this as an oppertunity to upsize their raving home residency to sumwhere that can deal with the sheer volume of ravers that turn up.

If anyone knows anything please fill me in. And also wud be nice to see threaders pay homage to the club and to see who cares as much as me about the end

Shafe

milky spoke to andy c a while back and he said something along the lines of 'don't worry about it, it's taken care off' a bit, ambiguous i know. but still. i'm sure they'll still have residences in london somewhere, just hope it doesn't go to a place like matter, or fabric.

those kinda nights need a bit of intimacy about them i think. it's why they all worked so well down the end, you knew everyone was there for the music and the vibes. whereas places like fabric etc... people just go for a friday night out, regardless of whether they like the music or not. and that can sometimes dampen a night.

to be honest, i haven't got a clue where they'll end up. all i know is that it'll never compare to end.

R.I.P THE BEST CLUB IN LONDON.

yea im not sure they'll find another venue with the same sorta vibes the end had, it was perfect for niche residencies
anyone got any info on when the last ram will be? the xmas spesh? gonna bag a handful of tickets as soon as they're released

milky spoke to andy c a while back and he said something along the lines of 'don't worry about it, it's taken care off' a bit, ambiguous i know. but still. i'm sure they'll still have residences in london somewhere, just hope it doesn't go to a place like matter, or fabric.

those kinda nights need a bit of intimacy about them i think. it's why they all worked so well down the end, you knew everyone was there for the music and the vibes. whereas places like fabric etc... people just go for a friday night out, regardless of whether they like the music or not. and that can sometimes dampen a night.
to be honest, i haven't got a clue where they'll end up. all i know is that it'll never compare to end.

so fucking true. i never saw any beef or proper trouble at those nights, and you knew that everyone there was there for the sick music (cos they either bought a ticket in advance or qued for a ridiculous amount of time in the cold) and there was a real sense of community among the headz aswell as ravers esspecially with the tightness and open layout of the venue. I hope to see u all at the Ram xmas party then!

RIP the end, i wish it was Bushwacka! that owned it instead of Layo. He would never sell it!
dont believe that bullshit layo wrote on the end's website, hes selling it because somebody has made him a VERY big offer. Its going to be office space or flats

He didn't want to say where it was heading but it seemed like it's already sorted. Not sure where we will hear about it though?

this. would ruin the vibe if they got moved to somewhere like fabric

I asked the geeky bloke from Spectrasoul at Marky & Friends in September & he said he reckoned that Ram would most likely go to Matter, Marky & Friends would go to Fabric. He said that the Shogun crew wanted their residency to be at a new club.
I'm really sad that the End's closing, I fell in love with it when I went there the first time. It's my favourite club for sure, nothing comes close to it. Like being so close to the DJ's & MC's in that box is amazing!
Had the best night of my raving life at Marky & Friends <3

Big tings, I'm going there tonight as well! Xmas Ram will be off the hook mannnnnnnn! Cannot wait! :)

ive got work tomorrow morning so im not ramming it. have fun tho!

i think shogun deserves a new club. would be completely wrong if it was held at fabric or matter

I'm in Bristol right now so no Ram for me tonight, let me know how it goes though yeah?

Gonna be there for the last one though for sure, fucking best club I have been or ever will be to... Perfect in every way...

Deffo gonna reach a few nights a xmas when I come back to London.
I don't think any of the nights at The End would work in Fabric. Also in dnb Fabric is the home of Playaz! Not anything else. I think it would kill it a bit if loads of other nights moved in.
I really hope another underground club with a devotion to decent quality dance music springs up:)
Im gonna have to check matter out though and see if it's any cop???
The one thing that I will miss most though is Swerve. I just always loved the way it was so intimate in the bar. It was just undulterated liquid. Lovely stuff. Best night I ever had there was the summer special swerve:)

R.I.P :|

Back
Top Bottom