The End for The End ( and Ram, Renegade, Makry & Friends, Swerve etc)

This is gunna upset u all, but my mate went last week to watch ed banger records. Justice and a few others. And he said it was shit. Firstly it is a hell of a long way away from waterloo in terms of tube changing. Secondly the club itself has poor transport links and there is some kind of boat that you are able to get on to take you across the river which sounds cool, but prob is expensive. The club is apperently not too great either.
But upon returning from fabric last month i was talking to my taxi driver (who is employed by the people that run fabric, matter SE1 and sum other club ive nvr herd of) and he was saying that the crowd in matter were fantastic and there was no reports of any trouble in there. (IM sure this will change when dnb nights start up there tho!) He also told me that cause of the poor transport the only way to get bk to your station is a taxi
So overall i got the impression that it is an expensive night out and prob has teething problems.
I rekn Ram would suit this place called the Rhythm Factory. They r having some quality nights there at the mo. But as you all say nothing is going to replace the end.
safe

cant believe its going to matter, ive never paid to get into the end, looks like am gunna have to pay at matter, unless.........

Oh rite, just read about the rhythm factory , havnt actually been, was under the impression it was around the same size of the end, and had a half decent system. Scrap that idead then

btw I think hospitality mite b moving to matter too. Everything is gunna be there at his rate

Yeah I've had some good nights at rythm factory, but the place is a bit of a dive...

Gonna be weird it all being at matter now innit, end of an era guys, end of an era...

Well i can tell u all rite now,lol.

Ram is going 2 Matter as is Hospitality and Renegdae Hardware is going 2 a club called area in vauxhall south east london.

i dunno about Marky and friends though ( i'd imagine fabric ) have'nt heard anything about swerve though.

Remember where u heard it first.

Well i can tell u all rite now,lol.

Ram is going 2 Matter as is Hospitality and Renegdae Hardware is going 2 a club called area in vauxhall south east london.

i dunno about Marky and friends though ( i'd imagine fabric ) have'nt heard anything about swerve though.

Remember where u heard it first.

Your a couple of days late ;)

I think marky and friends might stop, its advertised as the last ever one (thats coming up next). Pretty sure the others were advertised as last at the end.

Might be reading too much into it..

im sure marky and friends will contiue. They allready do one at the custard factory and they do it at audio in brighton, so im sure they wont stop it alltogether

I am buying the end and turning into a gay club for Happy Hardcore ravers. how do you all like that

I'm sorry but I just imagine the song "Your Beautiful" on the background and James' voice saying that, and after that a big sign comes in saying "the more you know..."

ive heard good things about matter as a club. thats from house loving mates though, dunno if it'll trnaslate to dnb. as long as matter doesnt attract the same crowd as fabric it'll be fine

im looking forward to making trips to matter if im honest. It's been a while since i was excited bout going to a new club. Its funny tho that both hospitality and ram are doing nights there, they are probs the biggest 2 labels in the scene.

I get everyone's concerns for it being either too "nice" for dnb, but it seems like people are also concerned with it being too "moody" at the same time. I seriously dont think a club can be either in terms of drum n bass. Even if it's the poshest club in the world with pink neon light trimming on every corner can handle the dnb when all the heads turn up and the music is pumping. In my opinion if the DJ's and the music is good then rqavers dnt reli care about the setting, it's all about the crowd. I hope that less cunts show up to these events at matter, and tbh i rekon they wont. Obv u get the serious proffesional cunts hu make it their effort to go to every rave and start a fight or bottle sum1, but i dnt think it will attract the amount of thugz that arnt there for music that fabric does. I think fabric does this cos of its location and reputation as an urban club. I doubt the average friday night dwellers will venture to the O2 unless their serious about the music. It will be very intereting to see wot matter is like tho.

But either way ive been raving since i was 16, and going to fabric is wot started my raving career, and i have never been involved in any beef or trouble that goes down. Obv ive seen my fair share of it, but generally speaking the trouble has never come to me. Tho i saw a kid get bottled on the dancefloor by a group of cunts. And one of my mates got rushed there a few weeks ago (they only took his hat but they tried to take his wallet and he elbowed one of em in stomach and fucked off) The trouble in fabric doesn't put me off going, but its not fucking on. I think as ravers we should reli try and help each other to stop this sorta shit from happening. Tho i can understand that no1 wants to get involved with beef for fear of getting thrown outa the club or woteva if a bouncer was to interveen, and obv just in case the cunt u go up against turns out to be a real fucking piece of work and shanks u up or sum shit. tbh id rather it was too nice at matter than not grimey enuff.

u can tell im bored at work by that seriously long thread but its something thats been on my mind for a while.

Back
Top Bottom