The drum and the bass in australia??????

mrjingo

am moving to australia for a year so hoping to meet someone with a pair of decks out ther but does anyone know what the scene's like out there???? gna need to find sum raves!
safe

upbeats are from new zealand i think... cubist is australian if you like jump up and theres a fat guy i've seen on dnbtv which is form there.. as for raves no idea

When you moving to australia?

Im off there myself for a year in a few weeks time n all, first thing i thought was 'wheres the dnb at?' too lol.

Shapeshifter and The upbeats are the only australian dnb I can think of, and I think they might be new zealanders.

New zealand shapeshifter is not from australia...
Same goes for upbeats, dose, menace, trei, presha (samurai) teknik & cern... They're all from nz. Consequence does run a night in australia not sure which city though. Check out joe seven (the guy who colabed with noisia) running a night too if i remember correct! Shockone is aussie and perth is pretty much the dnb center because of pendulum. Hope you get along.

upbeats and shapeshifter are both from New Zealand. I live in NZ at the moment and am moving to melboune in 3 weeks. aparently there is a bit of a scene there. Shockone is from Perth. If your in Melbourne new years day check "Bass Jump 2011" dnb/dubstep rave its got a pretty big line up of Andy C, Excision, Loefah, D Bridge, Break, Klute, Camo & Krooked, Rico Tubbs, Atomic Hooligans, Breakage...and more

ShockOne & Phetsta from Perth. Perth is the big DNB hotbed, but there's quite a few big shows down there and all the big artists roll through there once or twice a year for tours, etc.

large_ShockOne-Shapeflyer.jpg

large_scifac.jpg

yeah where u moving to?
I'm a sydney boy, know a couple of good nights on, Bass Drop's good, bit expensive tho. Dubrave's pretty shit but you get the odd banger, and co.deep is fuckin cool as but not exactly a rave.
There are loads of warehouse parties on in the inner west too. Am always on the lookout for new nights tho so if anyone knows anything post post post!

I'm off to sydney this time in two weeks, was wondering what the drum and bass is saying over there, was worried i was gonna have to go a year without :s

Bad enough I can't take my decks lol

hahah i was about to make a thread on this.

Going to melbourne for 4 months in 3 days, and NEED to know where the dnb is at.

So anyone know any dnb related stuff in melbourne, LET me Know !!

Thanks

Man, Bass Jump looks off the fuckin hook. I'm seriously considering makin the trek from Sydney for it. Pretty hard to find proper raves out here.. There's the odd one but not a lot that's regular..
Just need one more deck and I can do it my fuckin self! lol

Back
Top Bottom