- THE DNBFORUM SKATEBOARD THREAD -

Dannyboy93

Raggo
VIP Junglist
If your just gonna be cruising and have no intention of learning tricks etc go with a longboard :). I have a nice Arbor drop through for that reason, its this but with purple trucks and nice green Kryptonics wheels:

catalyst_42.1496711033.jpg

But if you're set on a "normal" board then make sure you get nice big wheels, britains streets aren't great for skating generally, bigger wheels are more forgiving. And definitely learn to ollie at the very least, makes navigating a lot easier, being able to ollie up and down curbs halves your journey lol.

Danny, your only in Croydon, im over Beckenham/Bromley way, link at Bromley skatepark some time?

yes mate would be on that, haven't been to Bromley in aaaaaages, they changed it much down there at all? they have made wandle park in Croydon fucking sick now proper street park so don't venture from there a lot these days when I do skate

Maddest thing I've see down the set next to that weird bricky bit in bromley next to the park, was fucking fat, don't understand how you can get that much speed from that run up haha

D

Deleted member 23164

@Forau naa i gotta have the classic shape .. dunno why.. hipster logic :lol: big wheels keep on turnin.. rollin.. roger (y)

also are u guys gunna kiss or wot ? @Dannyboy93

logikz

I Am Not The King
that line at 4.30 was amazing, i really dig cool lines rather than just big tricks.

nice vid though, even if hippie jumps are a bit like early grabs or pelicans to me, i know theyre really difficult to pull off well, but its still really meh to look at for me.

not this vid though, this was nice, and its cool to get a hippie jump into a great line, thats really original (if youre not richie jackson)

Dannyboy93

Raggo
VIP Junglist
maybe you can try the odd hippy jump?

this might be up your street too @Dannyboy93 ........ picked out some of my favs (if you didn't want to watch the whole thing) at 1.05 to 1.45, 3.05, 3.20, 3.58, 4.20, 4.30, 5.20, 5.53, 6.00, 6.15, 6.20 & 6.25 takes the biscuit! o_O

that's jokes one of the boys I used to skate with is in the video, Casper Brooker, boy absolutely shreds, used to sesh the shitty metal half pipe in Purley and LA fitness car park with me haha, now days he's got sponsors and all sorts, killing the game

logikz

I Am Not The King
that's jokes one of the boys I used to skate with is in the video, Casper Brooker, boy absolutely shreds, used to sesh the shitty metal half pipe in Purley and LA fitness car park with me haha, now days he's got sponsors and all sorts, killing the game

whoa you know these people? i dont recognize a single name haha. granted, i havent been keeping up for the last year or so, board is kind of shitty (broken that big plastic knob on top of the kingpin, the bearings are total nonsense, and tbh, im not sure i want to skate that board anymore, its really and lost its twang ages ago.

how much are red dragons? i found a store with a bran that does boards for like 30 dollars, they have all kinds of sizes and i do like me an 8 to 8,5, so the whole thing shouldnt be that expensive to fix up. unless those bearings cost a fortune, which i honestly dont know if they do? how much are they boyo, do you know?

Dannyboy93

Raggo
VIP Junglist
whoa you know these people? i dont recognize a single name haha. granted, i havent been keeping up for the last year or so, board is kind of shitty (broken that big plastic knob on top of the kingpin, the bearings are total nonsense, and tbh, im not sure i want to skate that board anymore, its really and lost its twang ages ago.

how much are red dragons? i found a store with a bran that does boards for like 30 dollars, they have all kinds of sizes and i do like me an 8 to 8,5, so the whole thing shouldnt be that expensive to fix up. unless those bearings cost a fortune, which i honestly dont know if they do? how much are they boyo, do you know?

yeah dude casper was part of the local skate crew back in the day, he sponsored by Nike and living up London near southbank these days, still see him shredding down there every now and again when I take the trip up to central

yeah bro some bones reds they are about £16

https://www.routeone.co.uk/skateboards/bearings/bones-reds-bearings-1.htm

I know there are better of the bones reds series like the swiss which are like £50 or the ultimate suck your dick your riding into the sun bearings at around £100 but to be fair the standard ones are fucking amazing anyway so don't need why you need to spend 100 fucking pounds on bearings? like seriously? your like £20 off getting a decent whole set up for that moneyz let alone just the bearings

also last pack of the standard reds I got come with speed lube which is pretty useful

The Watcha

VIP Junglist
Glad you enjoyed that video @logikz !

yeah dude casper was part of the local skate crew back in the day, he sponsored by Nike and living up London near southbank these days, still see him shredding down there every now and again when I take the trip up to central

yeah bro some bones reds they are about £16

https://www.routeone.co.uk/skateboards/bearings/bones-reds-bearings-1.htm

I know there are better of the bones reds series like the swiss which are like £50 or the ultimate suck your dick your riding into the sun bearings at around £100 but to be fair the standard ones are fucking amazing anyway so don't need why you need to spend 100 fucking pounds on bearings? like seriously? your like £20 off getting a decent whole set up for that moneyz let alone just the bearings

If you don't want your bearings straight away, you can get them off ebay for less than that. But do hunt around.

There was a guy at the local park when I was a teenager who invested in those £100 bearings. He cruised into the park and round it 1 and a half times without pushing, and the park is about 15-20 m2, but yeah I wouldn't spend that money on bearings. Would have liked to have a go on them, but he was very protective. Those Bones Reds are the best value for that sort of money and lots of skaters swear by them

last pack of the standard reds I got come with speed lube which is pretty useful

:nanas: :nanas2: ;)

logikz

I Am Not The King
Glad you enjoyed that video @logikz !

If you don't want your bearings straight away, you can get them off ebay for less than that. But do hunt around.

There was a guy at the local park when I was a teenager who invested in those £100 bearings. He cruised into the park and round it 1 and a half times without pushing, and the park is about 15-20 m2, but yeah I wouldn't spend that money on bearings. Would have liked to have a go on them, but he was very protective. Those Bones Reds are the best value for that sort of money and lots of skaters swear by them

:nanas: :nanas2: ;)

but how much are the red dragon bearings? a guy gave me my first and only box of red dragons, and said they were like 100 eur. then i watcheda youtube on the subject and found there were were white dragons too?

but how much are a full set of red dragons where youre at?

Top Bottom