the d'n'b track on this weeks episode of skins (uk)? - soundclip posted

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by mamboboy, Mar 26, 2008.

1. mamboboy

mamboboy New Member

hello! :cheerlead:

it's been bugging me since i watched it the other night...i've scoured the net but no luck...surely you guys could sort us out?! :beers:

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/9/9/1421307/Movie.mp3

don't worry the files not dodgy, and ignore the dialogue, just listen to the music in the background.

warning: one part is probably nsfw if you have speakers :)

Last edited: Mar 26, 2008
  2. jay walker

jay walker 1/2 of Passive/Aggressive

sounds more 2 step, garagey, bassline housey ting than dnb bro?

3. Jack131

Jack131 Set Pest

I watched that episode of skins and they played tarantular by pendulum, and yes it was cringing,

Off the point now but I fuckin hate skins, and the way the middle aged writers try and be all 'down with the kids', its like they read NME and talk to students to try and find out whats cool this month, you can tell they are trying to hard to apeal to teenagers, I saw it when there was a dance class / rehersal and they were all doin breakdancing to dubstep, and when 'nu-rave' was takin off the whole cast wore floresant colour and had glowsticks hangin from there necks,

4. Dj Jammin

Dj Jammin Member

Spot on ^^ thats why i stopped watching it.. Everything they do is slightly wrong its exactly how you say middle aged writers getting things wrong trying to relate!!

5. duffer

duffer Under Mi SensI...........

Its shit. my mate was teh gay kid dale in the first episode of the second series. when we all been up the pub people ask him if hes gay. hilarious:rowley:

6. danfreeman1

danfreeman1 Active Member

i still watch it but sometimes it is so unrealistic...

like in the last episode someone brought 3 eigths of green and made over a hundred quid off it or something

7. B1aDe

B1aDe Hear me now!

I saw my mate sell quite a few ounces of green for 280 quid each during desperate times :lol:
    ... desperate fools will pay silly money

8. danfreeman1

bloody hell. muppets

9. mamboboy

mamboboy New Member

oh ok, nobody seems to know what the song is! it's so stupid that they don't list anything in the credits...

they tend to play pendulum alot on the programme, it's a tad annoying anyways seeing as I get drunks requesting "slam by pendulum!" every week in the club I DJ at. everytime I hear slam it makes me want to curl up in a ball and cry (and to think i used to like it!).
    dubsteps' my forte, and they've played skream a few times on the show, but thank god i've only ever had a few people coming to request him :beers:

oh, and for the other peoples comments on the programme, I agree. The average age range of the viewer is probably between 14-18, and at that age kids are easily persuaded into doing things that they shouldn't. the programme glorifies drugs (and everything to do with them) like they are a good thing with no bad effects apart from spontaniously falling asleep in a club whilst standing up (err?), and there's no doubt kids will go out and take them in clubs just because they saw it on Skins. Anyone notice that the Skins characters seem immune to come-downs!?
    The lives that are portrayed are highly unrealistic and could easily make kids even more depressed, thinking "why isn't my life like that?".

but what can ya do eh?

oh, and does anyone at all recognize the song?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2008
  10. MARKLAR

MARKLAR International Tracksuit Salesman

innit i fuckin hate it now i liked the first series but now its jus bollocks!
    shameless is much better!

11. Blurr

Blurr Wasted Selection

too rite mate, shameless is the shit!

skins is so poor, ditto wot every1 else has said but i have to add the whole weed thing
    y the fuck do they call it spliff?
    every single time the talk about it they use that word, even when they talk about selling it they go on about "shifting spliff"

dont know any1 who calls it spliff, just fucks me off coz the writers obviously know fuck all and its clear to see the actors are clueless about these drugs as well

12. danfreeman1

yeah i always think that.

@ the person who was talking about slam being requested....

i went out on friday and the dj did a little drum and bass mix, it went blood sugar, slam, voodoo people, tarantula......

i almost cried

13. sam the dnb man

sam the dnb man Variation

:mad:

thats just pissed me off hearing that..those sort of nu rave,c posh kids only listen to pendulum..but they still say ''oh i love drum and bass''

yeah shameless is wicked
    if skins was written by paul abbot(the guy who wrote shameless) maybe it would be abit better

14. Greg P

Greg P Active Member

yeah skins is shit - the only people who watch are kids of a bout 14 who think that their life might be like that when they get a bit older...

And geezers like my old flat mate who watch it cos they might see a bit of naked 16-18 year old girls. Sad twat!

15. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

Shameless is a million times better.

Skins is supposed to show "a realistic and often worrying view into the young people of today, the future" as it was said in a review I read ages ago on it.

Realistic? Stealing a coffin and racing round Bristol in a mini with a coffin on the roof. getting chased by a hearse.

Yeh, because I do that all the time on a saturday.

16. thumpah

thumpah Member

skins is one of the worst things on tv, its target audience is ppl aged between 11 n 13.