the difference in dnb across the pond

dj ekim

i have been into more overseas forums recently and have noticed a difference in the dnb.

idk but it seems that ,imho, that the jump up has just gotten horrible, the tech step has gotten boring and everything else has been toned down over there. i still love the u.s. jungle (and yes i know, im from the u.s. so it just makes sense)but the uk scene seems to of lost its touch.

dont get me wrong, im not sitting here talikng shit, i guess i just want to be lead to something that i may be missing. dillinja hasnt made anything since all aboard, i watched tech itch come to miami and spin some super boring hard step set while crashing all over, watched goldie rewind an avg. track like 5 times in a row etc etc.

i have to say though, i wonder if these guys are still even trying. back when it seems like they all had more fire in them to mix better and make better tracks that took more thought. i do know that once anyone starts to make money at music it does change.

again much respect to anyone that makes tunes. remember though, dont get butt hurt about my comments. they are MY opinion. you may not feel the same way and that is COMPLETELY fine. if we didnt like different things life would be boring :)

well, what is there to say to that? it might be your opinion, but you're wrong. have you even heard of anyone decent? i mean dillinja lost it years ago, so did tech itch. and as for goldie, you need to re think you're stance there, he's responsible for one of the most influential labels in the history of this music, plus he was a bond villian*

i mean, why don't you check someone like calyx and teebee if you think techstep has got boring. check spor, man is crazy bad at what he does. i have to agree with you on jump up, that's what i cut my teeth on, but it hasn't changed for like five years.

and there is more to dnb than jump up, tech and jungle. listen to survival, break, d bridge, icicle, LOXY FFS, he's amzing, i'd be gay for him, that's how good he is. you know if you want me to write a list of who's good, i'll do it, i'm not afraid to, and i'm sure there are a hundred people on here who'll join me.

now i know you said it's just your opinion, but if you start a thread saying things like that, then expect to be lectured by people reppin' the home of dnb*

much love*

There's too much liquid about at the moment, can't go anywhere without hearing it! Don't get my wrong it's good but not THAT good... lol

Rant over xD.

I haven't heard ANY good US D&B in a while - There is some, and I jknow teh Canadians make some excellent DnB so how about some examples of Good US DNB rather than the negative show us some positive !!

Funny how Liquid and Jump up have a roughly equal split of sales or so it would seem now...

At the end of teh day tehre are a lot of people who follow trends, be it Jungle in 94, Gayrage in 96/97, Dubstep, Electro house etc...and thos ethat love a music cos they really feel it, and stay with the scene...I bet some are saying DnB has had its day, ( prob same cunts who D/L all their DnB for free and never rep at events...)

I look forward, frankly to teh day it all goes underground again, and veers away from commercial, trendy, and goes back to the streets where it came from. yes I almost wish it was still dangerous to go to a jungle dance !!!! At least if you were there it was for teh music ( cos it wasn't for the ganstas around u taht is for sure)

Tbh I cant recall of purchasing let alone hearing of any other dnb artists than what england/holland (noisia).In the past couple of years or so ive spent ridiculous hours searchin/listening and seeking out the most upfront dnb I can get my hands on.

And not one piece of vinyl is from another country/artist (excluding the above).

If your not finding anything worthwhile might be time to change how you go about seekin it out. If anything the uk is at the forefront of drum and bass the amount of good and bad shit that is released week in week out makes my pockets bleed:rinsed:

Also there more to dnb than bloody dillinja ffs:rolleyes:

peace

Well Dj Ekim, I think the problem is that you have lost your way, maybe you cannot get excited by drum n' bass anymore and that is the issue?you cannot seriously be knocking the UK Scene??, and to say that Dillinja lost his way 10 years ago after "all aboard" is taking things a bit to far.

the_cat_is_pushing_a_watermelon_out_of_a_lake.jpg

to le gash- im sure that we are exposed to more of the respective dnb simply because of location. some great dnb this way hmmm...besides myself (jk) capital j (yes he counts), walkingstick, tester, vick vega, odi, evil intent, and gein just to name a few.

to mark track- i havent lost my way. i still love the shit that comes out over here. its just that the stuff out that way seems to of gone off of what it used to be. i know that you must progress to stay fresh but i think that its lost something. i used to buy all the releases from england presses back in the day. i got the ink kaos theory, andy c 31sec. , umm.... old killa beats sets, old cutslo record, i got virus #6...etc etc. so i got the old shit :)

and finally safety :)

i know that goldie has founded one of the greatest labels of all time blah blah blah but my point stands on him. there is NO reason to rewind that many times. not even god himself can get away with that shit. if you want to get me a list of some good stuff hit me up. im always down for new shit to check. im the type that hunts for the lesser known greats myself so id prefer to get some lesser names than pendulum and spor.

oh and btw i miss the joker records. what happened to them? do they still release? the la di da di remix is the shit, fuck the whole set for that one ruled :)

well, what is there to say to that? it might be your opinion, but you're wrong. have you even heard of anyone decent? i mean dillinja lost it years ago, so did tech itch. and as for goldie, you need to re think you're stance there, he's responsible for one of the most influential labels in the history of this music, plus he was a bond villian*

i mean, why don't you check someone like calyx and teebee if you think techstep has got boring. check spor, man is crazy bad at what he does. i have to agree with you on jump up, that's what i cut my teeth on, but it hasn't changed for like five years.

and there is more to dnb than jump up, tech and jungle. listen to survival, break, d bridge, icicle, LOXY FFS, he's amzing, i'd be gay for him, that's how good he is. you know if you want me to write a list of who's good, i'll do it, i'm not afraid to, and i'm sure there are a hundred people on here who'll join me.

now i know you said it's just your opinion, but if you start a thread saying things like that, then expect to be lectured by people reppin' the home of dnb*

much love*

if there's a lesson to be learnt from this post, it's;

SIT THE FUCK DOWN.

to le gash- im sure that we are exposed to more of the respective dnb simply because of location. some great dnb this way hmmm...besides myself (jk) capital j (yes he counts), walkingstick, tester, vick vega, odi, evil intent, and gein just to name a few.

to mark track- i havent lost my way. i still love the shit that comes out over here. its just that the stuff out that way seems to of gone off of what it used to be. i know that you must progress to stay fresh but i think that its lost something. i used to buy all the releases from england presses back in the day. i got the ink kaos theory, andy c 31sec. , umm.... old killa beats sets, old cutslo record, i got virus #6...etc etc. so i got the old shit :)

and finally safety :)

i know that goldie has founded one of the greatest labels of all time blah blah blah but my point stands on him. there is NO reason to rewind that many times. not even god himself can get away with that shit. if you want to get me a list of some good stuff hit me up. im always down for new shit to check. im the type that hunts for the lesser known greats myself so id prefer to get some lesser names than pendulum and spor.

oh and btw i miss the joker records. what happened to them? do they still release? the la di da di remix is the shit, fuck the whole set for that one ruled :)

Ok, so let me get this straight, you say Drum n' Bass has lost it's way and then you say "do joker records still have releases?"

That was the point when this thread lost all credibility.

Back
Top Bottom