the difference in dnb across the pond

Right lets set this straight...

Dillinja... once a great name in dnb... now little more than a fading memory....

As for this "us jungle" its pretty shit to be honest mate.... its sounds old, structure of the tracks is very old, drums are dated, bassline sounds are dated.... what they are trying to do is replicate a sound that came from the UK 10-15 years ago.... so why do you consider this to be better than modern day dnb.... your living in the past mate.... dnb has evolved for a reason.... and for the better.....

Why dont you take 5min to check out the mixes section of the forum and educate yourself on real dnb....

i have been into more overseas forums recently and have noticed a difference in the dnb.

idk but it seems that ,imho, that the jump up has just gotten horrible, the tech step has gotten boring and everything else has been toned down over there. i still love the u.s. jungle (and yes i know, im from the u.s. so it just makes sense)but the uk scene seems to of lost its touch.

dont get me wrong, im not sitting here talikng shit, i guess i just want to be lead to something that i may be missing. dillinja hasnt made anything since all aboard, i watched tech itch come to miami and spin some super boring hard step set while crashing all over, watched goldie rewind an avg. track like 5 times in a row etc etc.

i have to say though, i wonder if these guys are still even trying. back when it seems like they all had more fire in them to mix better and make better tracks that took more thought. i do know that once anyone starts to make money at music it does change.

again much respect to anyone that makes tunes. remember though, dont get butt hurt about my comments. they are MY opinion. you may not feel the same way and that is COMPLETELY fine. if we didnt like different things life would be boring :)
jungle/drum and bass is obviously moving to fast for you mate!
you need to do your research a bit more i think! joker records:rolleyes:

clearly you dont understand or appreciate the global impact a track like machete can have, never mind the personal effects it can have on a human being. changed my life forever

ha ha machete global impact thats jokes

can see it being played at the super bowl half time show

I'm in the states but more of a fan of UK djs/producers tbh..there are more producers/djs over there obviously that the US...even though my fav (liquid) producer atm is from up in Ohio, Random Movement. Close tie is Lenzman from the Netherlands.. I like dnb from other places in the world as well though, not just the UK/US..Brazil for instance has some great producers/djs, like Bungle/Marky/SPY/Human Factor, etc..

I keep in touch with some people over near London, and in Wales, that keep me up with tunes comin' out, dnb & dubstep mainly, when they're still in promo most of the time...it's def harder to keep up with dnb on this side of the pond...I also check out the D&BA site for latest comin' out, etc..

As someone said on here, they'll make you a list if ya want of some tunes, but you might not agree with the list. Give more examples of what you're feelin' atm, and people can throw more examples of what to check out at ya, as some already did i believe..if ya don't have a connection over in the UK with people to keep ya up on it, that's what i'd do, is ask on here for some friendly recommendations..bein' specific in the sound ya are tryin' to find...pz & respect to ya' bro, good luck on ya search..

the point is instead of saying waste which cud cause an argument why not say sumink more productive.

hahaha wasteman chat ur real "GaNgStA" arent you.

poomplex

your a fucking gangsta for putting some letters in capitals and some no not
badest man in the states i imagine

I visited the states last summer...went to a few dnb events/nights out there (LA)

and well...what can i say...

Misguided and weak!! are the only words i can describe the scene as!!

UK will always rule, dominate and shape the DNB scene...

US can have their hip hop....

to le gash- im sure that we are exposed to more of the respective dnb simply because of location. some great dnb this way hmmm...besides myself (jk) capital j (yes he counts), walkingstick, tester, vick vega, odi, evil intent, and gein just to name a few.

to mark track- i havent lost my way. i still love the shit that comes out over here. its just that the stuff out that way seems to of gone off of what it used to be. i know that you must progress to stay fresh but i think that its lost something. i used to buy all the releases from england presses back in the day. i got the ink kaos theory, andy c 31sec. , umm.... old killa beats sets, old cutslo record, i got virus #6...etc etc. so i got the old shit :)

and finally safety :)

i know that goldie has founded one of the greatest labels of all time blah blah blah but my point stands on him. there is NO reason to rewind that many times. not even god himself can get away with that shit. if you want to get me a list of some good stuff hit me up. im always down for new shit to check. im the type that hunts for the lesser known greats myself so id prefer to get some lesser names than pendulum and spor.

oh and btw i miss the joker records. what happened to them? do they still release? the la di da di remix is the shit, fuck the whole set for that one ruled :)

To be fair mate if you got access to the net your exposed as much as santa is in the north pole or paddington bear in peru :wave:.

Location is irrelevent afterall dnb is a gobal genre of music appealing to just about everyone.

Checking out some of the chaps you mentioned (are you same ekim from florida???)

i know that goldie has founded one of the greatest labels of all time blah blah blah but my point stands on him. there is NO reason to rewind that many times. not even god himself can get away with that shit.

you can't say someones shit just because he rewound a tune five times, did you listen to his last album? because if you didn't you're missing the point. goldie = legend. he's never been the best dj we got, but he's put blood, sweat and tears into the scene.

you can't say someones shit just because he rewound a tune five times, did you listen to his last album? because if you didn't you're missing the point. goldie = legend. he's never been the best dj we got, but he's put blood, sweat and tears into the scene.

He'll be saying he's great again once he hears the new Rufige Kru album

Far too many arguments on here lately. It's only music for christ's sake.

To be fair mate if you got access to the net your exposed as much as santa is in the north pole or paddington bear in peru :wave:.

Location is irrelevent afterall dnb is a gobal genre of music appealing to just about everyone.

Checking out some of the chaps you mentioned (are you same ekim from florida???)

i know i have the net but of course you are going to be more exposed to it simply because its in your face. people are talking about it more etc etc.

and to the dude that said that the la scene is misguided thats about retarded. the la scene is jumping. the shows are packed and they are in great venues. personally i dont want to go to a show with 50k + very often. i like the underground aspect of dnb/ jungle/ ragga

i am into ragga/ hard step/ ragga core/ orig sounding dark tech step. i like some nice amens and sub bass and love hip hop getting into the mix as well. any names for me?

and finally yes this is the same ekim. i live in west palm beach right now. do i know you? i have a horrible memory for peoples names :)

It's only music for christ's sake.

dnb is more than that mate, it's a statement of intent, a way of life, a philosophy of our time, a legacy to our children and our childrens children, for generations to come we'll be revered as idols, we'll be able to say, "we were there when machete bass was released"

Machette is shit.. but joker records were shitter lol..

YOu say that , but they did some good tracks.."Sweetie" was wicked, and "Raw Dogs"..nah m,an they pushed the Jump up sound, and yes they went stale, but no more than say, Aphrodite , ( same bassline for 4 years), or Dillija (same bassline for 4 years) or well John B ( Went all Culture Club on us) ..the list contiunes, but you cannot take away that without these people, you woudln't be postin in a forum to slate the state anyway ha ha

dnb is more than that mate, it's a statement of intent, a way of life, a philosophy of our time, a legacy to our children and our childrens children, for generations to come we'll be revered as idols, we'll be able to say, "we were there when machete bass was released"

thats funny

Back
Top Bottom