'The' Deep DnB Mix -Rifine- Break, Hybris, DLR, Jubei, Ed Rush, Loxy -100% vinyl

The Watcha

VIP Junglist

You may have noticed that a fair few dnb tunes begin with the word 'the', so I decided to do a mix with some of those tunes. Again, a mix of limited selection, but that is all part of the fun. Hope you like it if you have a listen

Data - The Visitor (Deep Soul Music)
Triad - The Essence (Deep Soul Music)
Dan Habarnam - The Boogaloo (Cylon)
>> Loxy & Perpetuum - The League (Sudden Def Ltd) <<
Hybris - The Blinds (Dispatch Limited)
Dub Phizix - The Editor (Soul:R)
Cymande - The Message (Ed Rush & Optical rmx) (Not On Label)
Break - The Clamp (Symmetry)
Phobia & Jubei - The Fugitive (Coded Music)
DLR & Octane - The Walrus (Dispatch)
Kodo - The Jackal (Ingredients)
>> Spectrasoul - The Tube (Shogun Audio) <<

alternative download link - http://dnbshare.com/download/The_Deep_DnB_Mix_-_Rifine_April_2014.mp3.html

1ekk5x.jpg

The Visitor is such a cool track. Great to hear it again. The essence has come in beautifully, the mid ranges sat nicely of the visitor over the top the essence to make for a really steady opening blend. Waiting for boogaloo to worm its way in, nice smooth transition…felt seemless. Love the creepy eerie drone voice of boogalo. The league is next up. Yea cool little split mix. Probably the best opening of a mix of yours I have listened to. OH FECK THE BLINDS!!!! Really didn’t expect the quick double. Missed the cut back after the first 16 bars of the blinds but that’s me being picky, big mix. That mix did end a little abruptly but quite happy as the blinds is playing. Hybris just can do no wrong. Brought in the editor nice and quickly just after the breakdown of the blinds…ooooo left the mid ranges of the blinds perfect to bounce off the editor. Wicked Mark. The transitions in this mix are much much smoother than some of your previous mixes, some of your previous mixes I felt both basslines were either up at the same time making the transition “muddy” but none of that here. I know the next tune coming in Ed Rush Optical remix…yea ok not a bad mix. Not my favourite of the bunch but still very steady. The Clamp. Now your talking disappointed in some respects you couldn’t double it with that Ed Rush & Optical remix. The steppyness of the clamp breaks up the roller-esque vibe of the message. Tech heaven. Really cool. Feel you could add some variety to these mixes with a few filter tweaks here and there, not that I’m not enjoying this…been a disgusting journey so far. Only a few to go. The fugitive is next and oh this fucking works!!!!! This 3 tune burst has been me all over. Badman. The Eqing has been superb. Oh the Walrus just to top it over. The wirring mid ranges again have me on the edge of my seat wanting more!!! Oh shit the Jackal. Yea you are really killing it. “I need you” then the 32 bar stretch after that of the jackal is so cool. Oh and out of nowhere is the tube! Great hearing that again. Nice little tease to end it…
Not the longest mix, but in terms of the mixes, selection I actually rate this a lot higher than the majority of your previous mixes. Loads of variety, doubles, steady mixes, teases, just consistently had me guessing which is quality for a listener.

Big up

Wattup Watcha! First of all im really dissapointed that there isn't any back spins in this mix ha ha ....kiddin. I enjoyed the mix over all but i thought the last one was was better. Had a better over all flow to it. I thought some of the transitions could have been better on this. Just the way the traks go out or come in. You could try to hide them better. IMO the best mixes for me are when i don't even realize that you are mixing and then im like damn that was nice. But i definetely had fun with it and you always come up with creative ways to make your mixes.

EZ

gave this a couple of listens now and really like this mix. Strong opening mix and kept the flow going man, selection and mixing was on point as always. Favourite bit for me had to be Triad - The Essence > Dan Habarnam - The Boogaloo , tunes worked so well together and never heard the boogaloo before so nice to hear a new tune. Also Hybris - The Blinds > Dub Phizix - The Editor is worth a mention really liked that blend. Big up on this one mate will definitely be keeping it on my ipod

The Visitor is such a cool track. Great to hear it again. The essence has come in beautifully, the mid ranges sat nicely of the visitor over the top the essence to make for a really steady opening blend. Waiting for boogaloo to worm its way in, nice smooth transition…felt seemless. Love the creepy eerie drone voice of boogalo. The league is next up. Yea cool little split mix. Probably the best opening of a mix of yours I have listened to. OH FECK THE BLINDS!!!! Really didn’t expect the quick double. Missed the cut back after the first 16 bars of the blinds but that’s me being picky, big mix. That mix did end a little abruptly but quite happy as the blinds is playing. Hybris just can do no wrong. Brought in the editor nice and quickly just after the breakdown of the blinds…ooooo left the mid ranges of the blinds perfect to bounce off the editor. Wicked Mark. The transitions in this mix are much much smoother than some of your previous mixes, some of your previous mixes I felt both basslines were either up at the same time making the transition “muddy” but none of that here. I know the next tune coming in Ed Rush Optical remix…yea ok not a bad mix. Not my favourite of the bunch but still very steady. The Clamp. Now your talking disappointed in some respects you couldn’t double it with that Ed Rush & Optical remix. The steppyness of the clamp breaks up the roller-esque vibe of the message. Tech heaven. Really cool. Feel you could add some variety to these mixes with a few filter tweaks here and there, not that I’m not enjoying this…been a disgusting journey so far. Only a few to go. The fugitive is next and oh this fucking works!!!!! This 3 tune burst has been me all over. Badman. The Eqing has been superb. Oh the Walrus just to top it over. The wirring mid ranges again have me on the edge of my seat wanting more!!! Oh shit the Jackal. Yea you are really killing it. “I need you” then the 32 bar stretch after that of the jackal is so cool. Oh and out of nowhere is the tube! Great hearing that again. Nice little tease to end it…
Not the longest mix, but in terms of the mixes, selection I actually rate this a lot higher than the majority of your previous mixes. Loads of variety, doubles, steady mixes, teases, just consistently had me guessing which is quality for a listener.

Big up

Wah Stu! Thats some hench feedback :)
Yeah, really like The Visitor & The Essence, such nice tracks that just seem to compliment one another. The Blinds did come out a bit coarsely on after listens, but The Boogaloo is a bit of a quiet pressing. Was pleased with The Blinds - The Editor blend, the latter chomping at the beat in The Blinds. Also there were a couple of mixes in there that I forgot to ease the bass down on, but didn't sound overly muddy when listening back, so its nice that you said that this excursion wasn't as bogged down as some in the past :) I'm still getting there with fiddling around with the EQ tweaks, so decided on only a little of that in here

Thanks for the compliments man, throughout and at the end! Didn't have enough deep tunes beginning with 'The' to make it an hour long thing.

Also didn't really get mixing for 30 / 45 mins compared to an hour for ages, but I like doing these smaller mixes and if people haven't got an hour spare, then they are just right in some senses

Wattup Watcha! First of all im really dissapointed that there isn't any back spins in this mix ha ha ....kiddin. I enjoyed the mix over all but i thought the last one was was better. Had a better over all flow to it. I thought some of the transitions could have been better on this. Just the way the traks go out or come in. You could try to hide them better. IMO the best mixes for me are when i don't even realize that you are mixing and then im like damn that was nice. But i definetely had fun with it and you always come up with creative ways to make your mixes.

EZ

Course :teeth: The millennium bug mix was really fun to do, but you know I like doing things a bit differently.
I kind of know what you mean with the blends, but not sure what you mean about hiding them. Try to make the transitions as smooth as possible, and to some ears, they may sound different to when others listen. Thanks for listening man!

gave this a couple of listens now and really like this mix. Strong opening mix and kept the flow going man, selection and mixing was on point as always. Favourite bit for me had to be Triad - The Essence > Dan Habarnam - The Boogaloo , tunes worked so well together and never heard the boogaloo before so nice to hear a new tune. Also Hybris - The Blinds > Dub Phizix - The Editor is worth a mention really liked that blend. Big up on this one mate will definitely be keeping it on my ipod

Nice one Danny! Yeah, I think Ted said a while back that an opening blend is all part of the selling point of a mix, it draws you in and sets you up for the path ahead. Also, those couple of mixes you mentioned are a couple of fav's in there for me. The Boogaloo (such a simple but effective tune) rolls nicely into The Essence without adding too much + the choppiness of The Editors beat contrasts Hybris' style and dirty bouncy bits in The Blinds, so thanks for mentioning that too (y)

yeah mang I know what you mean. Always enjoy your mixes and look forward to the next one.

When I say hide the mixes I mean when the trak comes in. Like turn your mids all the way down and slowly build them up until both traks break and you are completely in the mix. It's like I know exactly where you bring every trak in...... That's what I was saying about the ones I like the most are when I don't realize they are mixing and then it's like damn and I have to rewind it to see where its coming in at. Just a little something that you can try and if not then don't use it ha ha.

yeah mang I know what you mean. Always enjoy your mixes and look forward to the next one.

When I say hide the mixes I mean when the trak comes in. Like turn your mids all the way down and slowly build them up until both traks break and you are completely in the mix. It's like I know exactly where you bring every trak in...... That's what I was saying about the ones I like the most are when I don't realize they are mixing and then it's like damn and I have to rewind it to see where its coming in at. Just a little something that you can try and if not then don't use it ha ha.

I will give that a go man (y)

Bumping this one again, because I hoped to have something recorded before I go on holiday, but will have to wait till I'm back. See you lot in 10 days!

Back
Top Bottom