The creativity is coming back!

Kinda feeling the same. I haven't been creative in fucking AAAAAAAGES but I just listened to a few tracks from back a few months ago and they're actually quite big...

Just wish I had the fucking creativity for the basslines!! Wank.

I'm having a bit of writers block and frustration going on. I think I have to learn a bit patience or something.

What I found helped a lot recently was changing my perspective, like.

Since I've just been learning the ins and the outs of drums and the base music I've been wanting to get all the little details and tricks just right, and in the process of autumating knobs and tweaking parameters I've lost track of the - well - track and where it's supposed to be going.

Now I try to do a much more general outline of the tune from the get go, so I've got all the parts sort of in place, and THEN I start with the autism.

Of course I tweak a bit along the way, things like filters on basslines and things that are more paramount to the flow and course of the track and then the next bit progresses naturally from there.. if that makes any sense at all.

def looking forward to hearing what you are putting together elmaruk, you where writing sum great stuff before!

ApeCat thats exactly how I changed my process, outline > structure > twiddly bits, it helped massivly, and really speeded up my production, although I still have allot of work to do when it comes to the twiddly bits, i think production speed is really important to keep the creativity flowing, getting most things down fast means that the last 10% of the track, which is definitly the hardest and longest process becomes easier to manage and polish

I think my perspectives changing all the time really. One day ill write a tune one way another day ill do it a different way.

Just got hold of some fresh samples and been watching loads of tut's. Plus haven't written anything in months so i can't wait to get back in the studio next week!

def looking forward to hearing what you are putting together elmaruk, you where writing sum great stuff before!

Cheers Miszt. Keep a look out. I'm producing under Ayala now. It'll be my final name I believe.

www.soundcloud.com/ayalauk

You got anything you might wanna put on Depth yet?

I feel for ya fella, I go through so many stages of writers block its not even funny! Going through one right now, and it's been the longest one yet for me! I dont stress it though, I know how it works, and understand that one day something will just click, and I'll be creative again.....just hope it happens soon!

I feel for ya fella, I go through so many stages of writers block its not even funny! Going through one right now, and it's been the longest one yet for me! I dont stress it though, I know how it works, and understand that one day something will just click, and I'll be creative again.....just hope it happens soon!

Yeah man. Ya can't push these things. I think the worst thing to do is get frustrated by it too. Just gota wait.
I can always tell when I'll sit down and come out with something semi decent too. It's kinda odd. You just get that feeling.

i found that tryin to run b4 u can walk severely effects ya creativity. theres such a thing as tryin to hard in music.

i recently changed the way i make tunes and now ive got my drums/mixdowns sorted i can fully concentrate on bass n creativity.

Back
Top Bottom