The classic bass whhhhaaarrrp worble

nowwhichway

easy peeps,

Just listening to some old tunes and wondered if anyone knows how to make that warp worble bass noise on super sharp shooter - or something similar?? I'm guessing i need to delay the attack on one of the oscilators but thats as much as i can suss from having a mess around. any help would much appreciated!!!!

In abit

Luke

nowwhichway said:
easy peeps,

Just listening to some old tunes and wondered if anyone knows how to make that warp worble bass noise on super sharp shooter - or something similar?? I'm guessing i need to delay the attack on one of the oscilators but thats as much as i can suss from having a mess around. any help would much appreciated!!!!

In abit

Luke
Without being at home (so I can't try), I would probably try by taking a distorted (not too heavy!) sine or similar wave and setting a lowpass filter to filter up over the course of about 4-8 steps.

I think that would give you a similar effect, I'm probably wrong, but I'll try it out when I get home later today if noone has replied! :)

if you want warp bass you make a bass stab with as much decay as you want attack, sample it and reverse it. thats how id do it.
or, like stuu said, you lp+volume sweep it.
you could of course keep it entirely synthesized, im which case youre on the right path with the asdr settings and all.
i wouldnt tho, as i like to resample.

Last edited:
cheers for the speedy feedback guys, im giving your ideas a whirl, logikz - i guess it all depends on the bass stab you start off with, it needs to trail off just right. I'll keep tinkering - let me know if you find a better way!!

Cheers

Luke

logikz said:
if you want warp bass you make a bass stab with as much decay as you want attack, sample it and reverse it. thats how id do it.
or, like stuu said, you lp+volume sweep it.
you could of course keep it entirely synthesized, im which case youre on the right path with the asdr settings and all.
i wouldnt tho, as i like to resample.
Ah yeah, I forgot all about reversing a sample! That'll do it, boh! :slayer:

Take a basic sine wav, distort it a little, lpf it until you hear the edge is taken off it.
Automate your lowpass to rise and fall when you want your "wups".
Also layer up the same sound with the same effect but an octave higher and with more lpf on it to take the high tones off it.
Then compress and add some valve emulating compression as well like Greasetube or Antares tube.
Then you can do a few things......
either pitch envelope the end down a little to create the movement OR add an lfo to create some movement.
BTW i would not reverse any bass sound at all as it phase inverts it therefore losing the power and depth.:lickface:

going to have to disagree with you Fozzybear.
id reverse precisely any sample in the world without worrying one second about losing 'power' and 'depth'.
should it sound worse in anyway when reversed just apply new eqing and so forth.

Dj_Fozzybear said:
I would not reverse any bass sound at all as it phase inverts it therefore losing the power and depth.:lickface:

Where did you get this from? it's a load of rubbish
Do you think they'd have done all that stuff you're on about in 1994? I think not!

Attachments

• Warp Dry.zip
    63.9 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Serum said:
Where did you get this from? it's a load of rubbish
Do you think they'd have done all that stuff you're on about in 1994? I think not!

Just goes to show you can't trust everyone on these forums init!!!
I was told that by a "supposed" professional engineer.
SORRY............ shit info!!!
:finger2: to me then!!!

Dj_Fozzybear said:
Just goes to show you can't trust everyone on these forums init!!!
I was told that by a "supposed" professional engineer.
SORRY............ shit info!!!
:finger2: to me then!!!
Ha ha classic, unlucky man! :teeth:

[me]Makes note to never trust teh Fozzy B!!!![/me]

Back
Top Bottom