THE BOX (techy roller)

yeah really good mate, bass sounds strong enough in my opinion.

only thing I could think of in terms of criticism is maybe add a bit more high end in, because the only stuff above the mid range is the high hats, experiment with delayed beeps and fx, you know the type, just to add a little more 'sheen' to it

ye my first thought was about more high end. kicks nice n powerful, liking it. lot of impact on the drop, n the gated/stuttered synth sounds good too

really wicked track man, great vibe. love the bass/synth work. personally thought the kick was punchy but i would of opted for a fatter (neuro) kinda snare.

its wierd that everybody on this page has made a different suggestion!!

imo the break behind the kick and snare in the intro is too loud and makin the beat almost sound out of time, maybe this is just me?
i like the bit before the drop and the dorp is quite tatsy too, i agree on the snare, needs a more heavy hittin sound.
sounds good tho man!

Well there was no break used in this track at all, its made up of single hits so I'll take a look at that. Also gonna try and work a couple of hi end beeps/FX etc into it, thanks for the feedback guys, I really do appreciate it.

Good effort man, bassline is rolling enough :)

Drums are what let it down a little bit, they need to be quantised to start off they sound like they arent all hitting nicely together

i think if u can get the drums right, get the kick n snare alot harder this could be pretty hefty man

not bad effort on the bass at all :)

Well there was no break used in this track at all, its made up of single hits .

Well you've got that breaky feel going in places so for me that's some good drum work there. This tune is my favourite out of what you've posted so far. Nice stuff.

Well you've got that breaky feel going in places so for me that's some good drum work there. This tune is my favourite out of what you've posted so far. Nice stuff.

Thanks for the compliment dude, I really enjoy writing my own drum patterns, and have taken quite some time getting to understand how to get the nice shuffle / break feel going on

nice intro, sounds good and frenzied especially once all elements are in, wicked drop, nice touch with the reversed drums really adds to the build up. sounds mental once it's dropped, really feeling this one, good and dirty!! bass has got just the right amount of grittiness, also the random wobble and scattered/chopped bits are a nice touch. superb imo :D

i quite like how the drums sound a little sloppy. i do agree with the common themes here: bigger snare, more shimmer. great sounding track man!

your drums are too bassy imo , maybe mix it so your bass synth takes on the -120hz area
synth sounds sick , its something that you expect for this type of track.

i didnt really like the wobbles but thats personal taste i guess

i think that the track needs to get rid of the muddyness so we can define whats going on
because it does sound messy at parts
2.35 for example

the layers really need to be much clearer!

other than that...
banger!

your drums are too bassy imo , maybe mix it so your bass synth takes on the -120hz area
synth sounds sick , its something that you expect for this type of track.

i didnt really like the wobbles but thats personal taste i guess

i think that the track needs to get rid of the muddyness so we can define whats going on
because it does sound messy at parts
2.35 for example

the layers really need to be much clearer!

other than that...
banger!

Really??? Hmm......sounded ok from here. Listened to it on my headphones, house stereo and my ipod and they all sounded ok. I'll have to listen on some other systems see if it sounds different

Back
Top Bottom