The Black Forest Mix - August '11 (Deep, Dark, Tribal, Reggae, Jungle, Dub themed DnB

Sicx

VIP Junglist
A mix of the tracks im feeling right now, all of which are inspired by the tribal, dub & jungle sounds; a movement which I think is really pushing the boundries of drum & bass.

Tracklist:

01. Morphy & Flatliners - Evil Dub
02. Reza - Enter the Forest
03. Genotype - Old Vinyl Dub
04. Flatliners - Ramadan Dub
05. Mr Foul - Hills of Zion
06. Genotype - Version
07. Untouchables - Lion of Judah
08. Theory - Not Your Fool
09. Morphy - Black Velvet
10. OrtoKore - Cannibal Dub

Re: The Black Forest Mix - August '11 (Deep, Dark, Tribal, Reggae, Jungle, Dub themed

saw you uploaded this, will get on it soon as mate

Re: The Black Forest Mix - August '11 (Deep, Dark, Tribal, Reggae, Jungle, Dub themed

Great idea for a set mate! On it like Sonic...

---------- Post added at 01:32 ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 ----------

Why the low bit-rate doe? :shrug:

Great idea for a set mate! On it like Sonic...

---------- Post added at 01:32 ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 ----------

Why the low bit-rate doe? :shrug:

Thanks man, nd just cause its easier to upload, i'll upload a 320 if you want mate.

Wicked set mate...proper heavy! I need an hour of this next time at 320 please (use mix cloud or summat)

Sounded like a Jah Shaka session it was so heavy. What's the name of the tune that drops at 10m10?

Wicked set mate...proper heavy! I need an hour of this next time at 320 please (use mix cloud or summat)

Sounded like a Jah Shaka session it was so heavy. What's the name of the tune that drops at 10m10?

Much appreciated man!
Track around the 10min mark is Mr Foul - Hills of Zion, fucking bad tune, especially when it drops into that little amen bit.

totes forgot about this, on the dl

just finished, class stuff mate. yeah hills of zion is a dirty track. one of those sets thats begging for a listen on a system rather than through laptop speakers! liking the themed-ness of it too makes it a bit more personal rather than just another member mix. top work man

Looks like a nice tracklisting, I'll be sure to check this out.

Cheers

just finished, class stuff mate. yeah hills of zion is a dirty track. one of those sets thats begging for a listen on a system rather than through laptop speakers! liking the themed-ness of it too makes it a bit more personal rather than just another member mix. top work man

Thanks dude, yeah its definitely bass heavy! And yeah that was the idea, really feeling this sound and its something abit different, almost like a journey into the forest (hence the title) But cheers, glad you liked it.

Looks like a nice tracklisting, I'll be sure to check this out.

Thanks man, any feedback welcome.

& Bump for anyone else!

Big mix man, actually only knew Version out of those 10 tunes, always great to get introduced to many new tunes. Very nice selection, goes well together. Really feeling this style at the moment, and this mix introduced me to some new labels that push this sort of sound.

Big mix man, actually only knew Version out of those 10 tunes, always great to get introduced to many new tunes. Very nice selection, goes well together. Really feeling this style at the moment, and this mix introduced me to some new labels that push this sort of sound.
Many thanks bro, glad you liked it! And me too mate, labels like Voodoo, Cylon & CX really pushing the sound imo.

Back
Top Bottom