The "big" DJs

Oh yeah this shit about " well there fucked up " thatas not an excuse 4 me . Ppl come 2 C u -- give them your all. But your not the shit if your not fucked up.... SAD......

Can you clairfy what you saying there mate? Is it that if a dj aint have a screw loose they aint good if they aint on drugs they aint good? And that makes you unhappy??

a good dj doesnt just consist of clean mixing but also dropping some mean fresh ass tunes.... if im going to a dnb show... what the fuck do i wanna hear old ass tunes for? i dont care how good its mixed, that shit is boring.

what the fuck do i wanna hear old ass tunes for? i dont care how good its mixed, that shit is boring.

Because they were good then and they still are now, and because you don't have speakers like that at home so it sounds completely different...

Jeez, have you even been to a DnB "show"

many sir.... and ive heard a bunch of tunes that were good back when they were fresh.... to me its not about what was good back then but more towards the progression of the genre. Big speakers do make a difference, i would know since i own big speakers and amps.

many sir.... and ive heard a bunch of tunes that were good back when they were fresh.... to me its not about what was good back then but more towards the progression of the genre. Big speakers do make a difference, i would know since i own big speakers and amps.

This is what you call BIG
valve.jpg

Unless your Dillinja or Lemon D you don't own a big sound system FACT :weakest:

maybe u got me there bro.... my shit isnt that big.... but i still stand by my fresh tunes r awesome comment

:hype:

NUFFIN WRONG WITH THE CLASSICS IF U BUST THE RIGHT 1 OUT AT THE RIGHT TIME PEOPLE BROCK OUT LIKE NOBODYS BUISSNESS.FACT.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what you call BIG
valve.jpg

Unless your Dillinja or Lemon D you don't own a big sound system FACT :weakest:

Lol thats total bullshit, valve is a good sound system, but plenty of other people own big rigs besides dillinja and lemon d, they might be owned more collectively, but they're still owned, take for example dirt sound system.

"NUFFIN WRONG WITH THE CLASSICS IF U BUST THE RIGHT 1 OUT AT THE RIGHT TIME PEOPLE BROCK OUT LIKE NOBODYS BUISSNESS.FACT."

i never said the old tunes sucked... i just said that if ur going to a show its cool when u hear shit u havent heard b4. and i do agree dropping an old favorite plays well but its gotta be a really good tune. I also drop the oldness at times. Just check my mixes. And c'mon with that big sound deal.... u can plug a 1/4 jack to a bag of shit and it'll still sound dope on that shit!! :P (that does look like crazy ass sound regardless of whoever owns it) alls i got is 4 subs, 2 pairs of towers and 4 crowns. Not super awesome stuff but it does pack a punch.

Lol thats total bullshit, valve is a good sound system, but plenty of other people own big rigs besides dillinja and lemon d, they might be owned more collectively, but they're still owned, take for example dirt sound system.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, as I think I heard this but can't find anything on the web to back me up - There is a difference between valve and other systems... Most other systems have a large number of amps and speakers, whereas the valve system has this, but also has speakers with larger diameter than the largest speakers in other systems (did I hear 18 inch?) meanin that it's capable of hitting lower frequencies than other systems...

i think he meant at home geeza

part of the fun of a rave is hearin all those tunes (fresh or oldskool) on a big rig
and fair enough it is wicked to hear new tunes out but for me its more about timing, if a proper oldskool banger is dropped at the height of a set the crowd are gonna fookin loveit and its nice to see that a dj is enjoying playin to the crowd aswell rather than it being more of a chore

yeah i agree its usually better when you hear stuff you havnt heard before, can be really annoyin when you want to know what the tune was after but cant find it lol

Around this time the Guinness Book of Records showed an interest in the system and wanted to test it for the "Loudest Sound System in the World" category; this sparked additional public interest, even though, when asked about the Guinness Book of Records, Lemon D indicated his opinion that "it's not about being the loudest, it's about being the best."

^^ 1 of the biggest and best in the world

the British environmental health authorities stopped the system from being played at full power.

the system has a total power output of 96kW. The system consists of 52 subwoofers (designed and built for the valve system) as well as Mid-High cabs made by Funktion One.

You'r telling me you know of a sound system that is louder/better quality than this for drum & bass ???

yeah i agree its usually better when you hear stuff you havnt heard before, can be really annoyin when you want to know what the tune was after but cant find it lol

i used to run up to where i can see what vinyl was playing but now in days its harder to do so with serato and cdj's being used more than often

i used to run up to where i can see what vinyl was playing but now in days its harder to do so with serato and cdj's being used more than often

we aint all as talented as people like dj kitsap...some people are born with it...some aint

i'll say it once and i'll say it again... that guy produces nothing but fire... i just bought all 4 of his awesome tunes on myspace... and on wax

we aint all as talented as people like dj kitsap...some people are born with it...some aint

For real - Kitsap has been a real big influence on my style I just love the way that he mixes down his drums they sound so tight. And the syncopation is second to none - his drops are like an audio ambush - you never know when they're gonna come in!

ok

some of you are right and some wrong imo.

yes promoters are gonna say right lets get in andy c, friction hazard etc. purely becus the reaction from a fan i.e me or you when you see that flyer for the first time is: "YES BIG"
so therefore they sell tickets they make money people go to the rave and have a good time.

Now. Youre right about there dj skills. Ive listened to 3 different original sin sets today and hes fucked up / sounded shit atleast once in all of them.
You cant knock these guys for there producing.. well until of latee as theyve been bring out so much similar shit that its getting boring but thats a different matter.

Someone in this thread said they wanna only hear fresh beats when they go to a rave.

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKIN ABOUT?

es when you go to a rave you wanna hear fresh stuff but you listen to any live set where you can hear the crowd and listen to the crowd when the words
"by the power of ra" come blazing out of the speakerrs. its sometimes unreal. and thats hardly fresh is it? no its a classic thats what you wanan hear.

I can say now if you went to a rave and the only thing you heard hazard play was 20 fresh dubs, it would be shit, purely because you wouldnt know what was coming, yer you mite get into a tune and be like yer i like this but then oo another fresh dub to learn and you wouldnt enjoy yourself half as much.

I wanna hear fresh tunes. old tunes that are liked i.e ra, i wanna see big names and i wanna see fresh mixing skills. But not all of this is gonna come from one guy cus all the big names are producers and are generally poor at mixing as many of you have said.

So the "famous producers" throw out a few classics to get the crow going but its still bollox.
Promoters will weigh up the pros and cons of having a big name and people enjoying themselves more on the night.
Which is why it will take a lot before DJS are actually headlining.

hope i made sense.

rant over.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom