The "big" DJs

Da'DGee

Scousebuster
VIP Junglist
What do you think about nowadays fame djs? Why are all producers wanted to make party altough there is no mixing-talent? Please tell me.. There are SO MUCH talents with awesome skills out there, but i have to see djs like tc (he is not the only one/ please no tc discussion)..

What can people do against that?? Cant take it take it anymore...

end of the day, if you don't produce (well) you're not going to get recognised in any which way.

it's only recently, that actual djs; a.m.c, noize (to name but two). are getting the recognition they rightly deserve.

i remember a couple of months back, there was an interview with friction on dnba, that said something along the lines of 'djs should be and are starting to get recognised for their skills alone. there's nothing to say a dj can't make it because of his mixing skills alone. he shouldn't have to produce. and i think that's a good thing all round'

don't quote me directly on that, but that's what i remember.

for me. going out to a club is about hearing the freshest dubs and newest tunes. but i'd rather go out to a night where i know i'm going to get sick mixing throughout, with thought and consideration over the actual art of djing. rather than fresh tunes that are cut at the drop.

i'd rather see a line up that was;
andy, friction, randall, cyantific.

than.
hazard, tc, logan d, hype.

for me. it's djings over tunes.

p.s - yes. i don't rate hype. his mixing lately has been below par. he just has fresh dubs and a shitty miserable attitude. i seriously haven't heard him mix, blend, double drop anything of any worth the whole year.

laters.

I agree, one example - Taxman b2b Jaydan @ logan d's birthday. Both making big tunes but not so hot on the mixing.

What about interaction with the crowd? Many a time seeing a big name dj and they just put there head down and get on with it like they cant wait to leave!! Is there any dj that actually get up and bounce about the dj box like there life depends on it?? Kinda shows how much they feeling the tunes they play and is something to respect,now where are those dj's stand up and be counted

thing is tho.

its their job most of em are probably sick to death of playin 3 or 4 times a week and wud be happy to play just the 1 p/w and run a label but the money is just too good to turn down.

New talent needs more recognition.

A big line up is the same today as it would have been 10 years ago minus 1 or 2 headz.

Hype ' Andy ' Randall ' Goldie ' Roni ' Die ' Nicky ' Ray etc etc....

need i go on?

But dont get me wrong I do appreciate those guys.

What about interaction with the crowd? Many a time seeing a big name dj and they just put there head down and get on with it like they cant wait to leave!! Is there any dj that actually get up and bounce about the dj box like there life depends on it?? Kinda shows how much they feeling the tunes they play and is something to respect,now where are those dj's stand up and be counted

The Panacea

Mampi Swift, he must weigh like 15 stone or something...

That's pretty big

Is there any dj that actually get up and bounce about the dj box like there life depends on it?? Kinda shows how much they feeling the tunes they play and is something to respect,now where are those dj's stand up and be counted

patife* loved the crowd when i saw him, pulled a rewind so he could come dance front of stage, was giving it a lot of the old guido fist pump as well

Yeah Goldie really gets down too, he loves to da...

Oh hang on, no he doesn't he likes to stand completely still and smoke ciggarettes when he mixes...

Seriously though, I've seen dead people with more energy than that guy...

i see dead people

it works both ways tho

clipz & sub focus are two of the best 'new' DJs but wouldn't be where they were if it wasn't for thier production, although clipz is a better DJ than producer imo, every1 of his sets i've heard in the last year has usually been the highlight of the pack

swings and roundabouts ppl :slick:

Andy C is a bit of a mover, Im always worried he will take off halfway through a set.
Friction as well for that matter

any1 could take a lesson from AMC in brocking out to ur own set, screwface and all :slayer:

BROCKIE
he's never been a good dj imo but everytime ive seen him mixing he's always rocking out hard loving the tunes hes playing

end of the day, if you don't produce (well) you're not going to get recognised in any which way.

it's only recently, that actual djs; a.m.c, noize (to name but two). are getting the recognition they rightly deserve.

i remember a couple of months back, there was an interview with friction on dnba, that said something along the lines of 'djs should be and are starting to get recognised for their skills alone. there's nothing to say a dj can't make it because of his mixing skills alone. he shouldn't have to produce. and i think that's a good thing all round'

don't quote me directly on that, but that's what i remember.

for me. going out to a club is about hearing the freshest dubs and newest tunes. but i'd rather go out to a night where i know i'm going to get sick mixing throughout, with thought and consideration over the actual art of djing. rather than fresh tunes that are cut at the drop.

i'd rather see a line up that was;
andy, friction, randall, cyantific.

than.
hazard, tc, logan d, hype.

for me. it's djings over tunes.

p.s - yes. i don't rate hype. his mixing lately has been below par. he just has fresh dubs and a shitty miserable attitude. i seriously haven't heard him mix, blend, double drop anything of any worth the whole year.

laters.

:word:

True, but they have to get the crowd hyped as well. If there just stood in front of some decks looking at them like a maths problem its not as energetic.

:hype:

Back
Top Bottom