The Best television Era / Series from back when ..

EWOKS

POTATOES GONNA POTATE
VIP Junglist
Can anyone add to these, and remeber them ..

t.v. used to have some quality tackle ..

Brass Eye .

remeber the Cake episode and the Pedo-files episode hahah. no wonder they took it off t.v. it was legendary tho.. they convinced famous people 'cake' was a real drug, and got them making pleas for youngsters not to take it.. basically looking like twats coz viewers were told before it was a made up drug.. this is a pedo-files clip-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyNHmskN-vo

The Day Today .

also created by Chris Morris, comedy genious that man .. still got a day today recorded vhs laying about. i wouldnt mind getting the series on dvd ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6jZFZNeOF0

Alan Partridge .

need we say more , Steve Coogan is the don. funny as fuck

hahah - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyZspqjtG2k

Garth Merenghi's Dark Place.

not many saw this , and it was a certain taste of humour, i thought it was classic . very fucked up mind, took a while to get used to the style .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N77B7p48M-w&feature=channel

please add to the old t.v. classics i need to remember more, Channel Dave needs to be getting on these .

now days weve got shit like Horne & Corden, ..

anyone seen 'that mithchel & webb look ' though, thats jokes.. pisses all over Horne & Corden, make em look amatuer.

anyway, yea.. Brass eye ..

or is it just me that remember these classics .

if theres any series on now people think are on this level give em a mention so i can have a butchers :clown:

Last edited:

EWOKS

POTATOES GONNA POTATE
VIP Junglist
youtube has stopped brass eye vids from being copy&pasted, youtube it yourself if you never got to watch it .:rinsed:

Toejam

OOOBEY DOOBEY
VIP Junglist
brasseye is the epitomy of what i like in comedy, my most cherished dvd for sure, the amount of work that went into it is forgotten and not appreciated, not forgetting blue jam aswell some of the most random shit ever and funniest

not forgetting fast show and big train!

EWOKS

POTATOES GONNA POTATE
VIP Junglist
see i wasnt overly keen on fast show, nah thats a lie , i was. but it wasnt a patch on Brass Eye, Chris Morris was just genious.. i need it on dvd also i rekon.. big train , did that have Simon Pegg in it, from Shaun Of The Dead.. that geezer, i used to watch it i think . i also liked Game On and shit like that to be honest.. but i wont spit in Morris' face and talk about it in the same thread

Toejam

OOOBEY DOOBEY
VIP Junglist
big train was written by the same guys as alan partrige and father ted, yeah simon pegg is the dude in big train, most of the brit comedy from the last 10 years (exept the shit we have today) is all written/by a close group of people they all have fingers in each peoples pies

EWOKS

POTATOES GONNA POTATE
VIP Junglist
big train was written by the same guys as alan partrige and father ted, yeah simon pegg is the dude in big train, most of the brit comedy from the last 10 years (exept the shit we have today) is all written/by a close group of people they all have fingers in each peoples pies
i wouldnt mind having my fingers in peggs pie ..

tell ya what tho , horne and corden arnt in that circle of fuckin friends though are they ..

fuckin what a load of toss, and that shit johnny vegas is in

Toejam

OOOBEY DOOBEY
VIP Junglist
remember the scene when alan partrige was speaking to two irish guys bout bloody sunday? those guys were the producers and steve coogan and arnando ianuuchi were the script writers

you can find the same actors have acts in all the comedies i like

SIRUS

変なひと
VIP Junglist
even the film crew are mostly the same. i've met people that had worked on nathan barley, mighty boosh and a couple of other big comedies.

SIRUS

変なひと
VIP Junglist
if your talking about 'ideal' then i think it's one of the best new comedy series to come out in the last few years, funny as fuck.
dont like most new comedy though things like two pints and grownups are shit

ideal was quality but the last series was gash.