THE BEST PRODUCER/S IN DNB RIGHT NOW

lokki

JUNGLIST FROM DEYA
VIP Junglist
Despite anyting

My vote goes for Chase n Status

Cant touch em

Serious. And this is prior to their album (or me hearing their album).

I have heard their sick hip hop, ragga, dnb (of many different styles) and dubstep..... really really good production.

everyone in the scene is creaming themsleves to get them on board.... br

PROPS

im one of the more cynical headz.. but even 'hurt you' gets me going lol. Its just they way they do! and Judgement makes me wanna smash my decks up lol. India dub ..is amainzing too... best dubstep tune for ages!!! SICKNESSSSSSSSSSS

fair enoguh theirn wanky AI rip off tune whatever that was called is average ..but my gosh they should be killin it...

Last edited:
I agree with you there Lokki, their versatlity is so fresh and they always keep you guessing with the tunes they put out. Really think they're the main men at Ram at the moment, exceeding Sub Focus from what I've heard imo.

Secondly without a doubt is Break. The man IS drum n bass. Nuff said

yep, with u on that they are both killing it

the bass in that dubstep tune C&S played out recently is immense
dont own alot of break's stuff but love his drums

i'd have to add sub focus to the list just because his album is gonna be huge, especially if timewarp & join the dots are anything to go by

yeah but i love break but is he as diverse??

No way. But that weren't the question of the thread mate! :lol_board I know what you mean though, a lot of Break's tunes sound very samey bar some huge releases most on Symmetry or Commercial Sucicide. (The Truth, Destiny Comes Ringing, Yes, Drone. etc etc)

I think he needs to knuckle down to one or two labels and start knocking out some absolute killers that vary in sound. But tbh the guy is all about the drums really isn't he, not going to be putting any stand out bleeps and squeaks in his tunes.

yup definitely chase & status imo, everything they touch at the moment turns to gold
even take me away i love - cant wait for the album, should be immense. really loving their sets aswell, such diversity.

obviously hazard aswell

...just kidding

brookes brothers are great, they've had some brilliant tunes out, especially the colab with danny byrd
mistabishi too

Chase & Status are massive and very talented. They produce quality.

I think Danny Byrd is right up there as well, Supersize is a wicked album and I like the sounds of Xample too.

well peeps...... we are all forgetting High Contrast really..... his production is second to none..... in my opinion anyway.

No way. But that weren't the question of the thread mate! :lol_board I know what you mean though, a lot of Break's tunes sound very samey bar some huge releases most on Symmetry or Commercial Sucicide. (The Truth, Destiny Comes Ringing, Yes, Drone. etc etc)

I think he needs to knuckle down to one or two labels and start knocking out some absolute killers that vary in sound. But tbh the guy is all about the drums really isn't he, not going to be putting any stand out bleeps and squeaks in his tunes.

to be fair as far as straight dnb goes Break..is amazing.. saw him play out recently.. really really good....it was =the clostest thing ive heard to seeing ed rush and bad co back in the day .. but my point is as producers on their own they are amazing from 'in love' to 'judgement' ,...amazing,..but so different,....

Last edited:
Chase & Status are massive and very talented. They produce quality.

I think Danny Byrd is right up there as well, Supersize is a wicked album and I like the sounds of Xample too.

yea hes produced some wicked sounds
high contrast is standardly amazing, quality remixes too
and i still need to get my hands upon danny byrd's album, everything ive heard from it sounds well good tho

yep c&s are incredibley versatile...limewax has a few bangers..............goldie is the pad master but i havent heard any of his new tunes

also depends on how you judge talent. love it to bits but stuff like hazard and original sin is basically noise (brilliant noise tho). wheares c&s, high contrast have much more musical talent in my opinion, they have distinctive sounds and are much more original

High Contrast (does he ever make [/QUO

honestly ..erugh,...this sounds hrash but..yeah.. high contrast makes the occasional piece of crap music.. his remixes are pretty rubbish... on the grand scheme of things..lol.........his album was good. ,.......but good aint great .........IMO..6/10 ....... only cos u knwo he had better tunes somewhere in his head! :)

of course its about taste to one extent...

but imagine hazard making an album?? Albums are where real musicality lies ~(IMO anyway). Ive heard much of C nS album and it just sounds great. its not a 100% dnb album but trust this is one of those pieces of cross over music that will have people marking it as one big album in years to come ..hopefully

Last edited:

honestly ..erugh,...this sounds hrash but..yeah.. high contrast makes the occasional piece of crap music.. his remixes are pretty rubbish... on the grand scheme of things..lol.........his album was good. ,.......but good aint great .........IMO..6/10 ....... only cos u knwo he had better tunes somewhere in his head! :)

but imagine hazard making an album?? Albums is where real musicality lies

yeh but bro... u cant fault his production techniques...... one the best actual "producers" in dnb at the moment i rekon..... ive not heard a trak of his in recent times that hasnt got absolutly crisp production...

but imagine hazard making an album?? Albums is where real musicality lies

fair play none taken. but generally makes good music, he popular for one reason, making amazing music..gonna have to agree with you about remixes tho.

as for hazard album..that will make my life...only hope he sticks to his main sound and doesnt try and be too versitile. cos, he's planning on sticking a few liquid and tech tracks on there

i think high contrasts remixes are quite a laugh altho i do see where you're comin from, they are that sorta throw-away dancefloor stuff like alot of the jumpup around these days, but he is honest about making music for people who arent into dnb too, hes got great production skills but just not always to everyones taste
wouldnt say hazard is particularly talented but he knows what'll go off on the dancefloor i'll give him that, defo couldnt see him making an album tho

Back
Top Bottom