The Best MC ?

i used to think 2shy was quite good lowqui too & verse though that's a while ago now

I'm one of those that becomes annoyed when MCs talk all the fucking time (not starting _that_ debate, just for context), so I prefer MCs who don't do that.
I really enjoyed Stirlin on sets back 10+ years ago (heard him live with Goldie, and have a recording with 0=0 and him that's mental). He knew his tracks, didn't chat unnecessary and had a great voice with some power behind it when he wanted to.

Not really sure if I've heard anyone after him that I rate more.

Foxy, well..back in the day I rated him highly but wtf is he up tp now?

Fatman has this abysmal label and I didn´t like him mcing after 2001, same with the other guys.

Total overkill, a lot of repitition, rooster noises, what what what what

But then I saw this

not too bad

Different MC's from different types of set...
For me SP, case closed. But that's 'cos of the drums I listen to. Lyrically it's gotta be the Fathom Audio boys- Sense and Codebreaker.
Jump up I wouldn't really know but used to like Eksman as he actually talked some sense.
Enjoy Tonn Piper when he hosts for Andy too, but GQ is better

Today I think Fokus, DRS and K-eye are the flow assassins today . 2shy too but I can t find recently live stuff online since the 2010. GQ, Eksman, Fats, Stamina, Codebreaker, Sense, Linguistics and Soultrain are great. Blackeye I couldnt apreaciate ibn the earlies appereances but today he is succesful, he appear along Nucleus, Spirit and Stunna in Sun and Bass. In the past I think SP MC, Conrad and Jakes.

Last edited:
Today I think Fokus, DRS and K-eye are the flow assassins today . 2shy too but I can t find recently live stuff online since the 2010. GQ, Eksman, Fats, Stamina, Codebreaker, Sense, Linguistics and Soultrain are great. Blackeye I couldnt apreaciate ibn the earlies appereances but today he is succesful, he appear along Nucleus, Spirit and Stunna in Sun and Bass. In the past I think SP MC, Conrad and Jakes.

K-Eye is a don on the mic! :)

Nice to see someone finally say Bassman :D

I think Skibba for best mc was a fair shout. For as long as he's been doing this everyone knows of him and everyone that's listened to drum & bass/Jungle has listened to him at some point. His lyrical flow is by far one of the best.

I must admit, Carasel is one of the only MC's who doesn't cringe me out over a studio mixtape

Back
Top Bottom