The Best MC ?

Dagz

WE ARE THE MASTERS
VIP Junglist
So we know Andy C is the best drum & bass dj but who is the best drum & bass mc ?

I will be interested to hear your thoughts on this.

Tough question.

Det is a personal fav along with eksman b2b herbz.

But best mc I would skiba. Always throws it down.

Harry shotta is the best what I would call newish mc.

GQ is my fav host.

Ok interesting.

I have to say the best mc has to be an mc everyone knows of.

I would also say it has to be someone who's been in the game for a long period and who continuously puts in the work.

Also I don't want this thread to turn into who's your favourite mc, Yeah sure post that up but remember we are looking at the overall best mc.

:2thumbs:

Ok Bassman.

I have to say the best mc has to be Bassman.

I would also say it has to be Bassman.

Also I don't want this thread to turn into who's your favourite mc, Yeah sure post that up but remember we are looking at the overall best mc Bassman.

:2thumbs:

Obviously.

Its funny, most are gonna say SP or DRS, maybe GQ simply because of the way d&b has split itself up, the "discerning listener" is always going to go with the more non-intrusive style of mc'ing...

For me, even though SP, DRS, Sense & Script et al have clearly got bars for days & sit on the more deep end of the scale... But (i'll probably get shot down for this), I see them more as hosts tbh...

Its all personal opinion obviously, I rate them very highly, but do I know any of their lyrics? Would I get super hyped because either one of them is MC'ing on a certain DJ's set? Not really...

For me I have to look at the likes of the classic era Jungle MC's, for me Shabba will always be right up there, singing lyrics, ragga lyrics, halftime & double time bars, that stage presence.... Yes he's a beat up crackhead living off a long lost distant dream nowadays, but theres no denying his impact... Same with Fearless, arguably more credible than Shabba, but not sure his lyrics are "as good", if that can be a thing in this area...

Only two "MC's" as in not what I would term a host these days who I rate are Redders & Evil B.

Redders is where its at tbh, that crossover between multiples styles, without losing any credibility...

Evil B is just sick, the crossover lyrics from the old garage stuff, that Hyper D kinda influence from his involvement with his crew back in the day, now the link with SDC/Nu Breed etc... Just a shame he chooses to majorly spit over cancerous jump up.

But yeah.

I'm saying Shabba.

Fuck it.

SP is amazing, but I think bar for bar codebreaker. Listen to the fathom chronicles if you don't believe.

As a host I'd take sp but just on purely bars code. That being said in terms of depth, sense.

Its funny, most are gonna say SP or DRS, maybe GQ simply because of the way d&b has split itself up, the "discerning listener" is always going to go with the more non-intrusive style of mc'ing...

For me, even though SP, DRS, Sense & Script et al have clearly got bars for days & sit on the more deep end of the scale... But (i'll probably get shot down for this), I see them more as hosts tbh...

Its all personal opinion obviously, I rate them very highly, but do I know any of their lyrics? Would I get super hyped because either one of them is MC'ing on a certain DJ's set? Not really...

For me I have to look at the likes of the classic era Jungle MC's, for me Shabba will always be right up there, singing lyrics, ragga lyrics, halftime & double time bars, that stage presence.... Yes he's a beat up crackhead living off a long lost distant dream nowadays, but theres no denying his impact... Same with Fearless, arguably more credible than Shabba, but not sure his lyrics are "as good", if that can be a thing in this area...

Only two "MC's" as in not what I would term a host these days who I rate are Redders & Evil B.

Redders is where its at tbh, that crossover between multiples styles, without losing any credibility...

Evil B is just sick, the crossover lyrics from the old garage stuff, that Hyper D kinda influence from his involvement with his crew back in the day, now the link with SDC/Nu Breed etc... Just a shame he chooses to majorly spit over cancerous jump up.

But yeah.

I'm saying Shabba.

Fuck it.
Holy shit, a serious answer from you. Got to cherish moments like these. :lighter:

SP is amazing, but I think bar for bar codebreaker. Listen to the fathom chronicles if you don't believe.

As a host I'd take sp but just on purely bars code. That being said in terms of depth, sense.
Good thing you mentioned Codebreaker and Fathom podcasts, I was meant to check that shit out a while ago but forgot.

What would you say about MC Fokus? Not sure what his style is really, probably the same ilk as Codebreaker and a couple others. I enjoy his rhymes and flow in the tunes I've heard him in.

DRS imo, stamina, sense & codebreaker all very close though

some of the mixes are a bit shaky but drs is so good in this

Back
Top Bottom