The best feed back comes from...

Discussion in 'Production' started by RevTech, Aug 16, 2011.

1. RevTech

RevTech Butthole=output transduce

Friends. I honestly think facebook is my favorite way to get feedback, I'm not even sure if google plus is the shit or not but people I actually know in real life give me the best feedback.

2. tv_g

tv_g Active Member

The best feedback to me is objective criticism. And the best I've gotten has come from convincing producers that are better than me I won't be a brat if they give me negative feedback. Imo you grow faster when you're told what your mistakes are as opposed to what you're doing right.

3. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

I'm afraid I have to disagree Rev me ol mucka.

For me, the best feedback comes from the bunch of nutters we have on here! Most of my friends either dont have a clue about production / not interested in the genre / or are just my mates. No matter how you look at it, chances are friends will big you up too much, saying it's great, and not picking up on the snare being too muddy, or too loud. Whereas the eagle eyed whippets we have on here are always ready to bust a nut on your productions!

4. luciduk

luciduk Active Member

ye i get the best feedback if i ask producers i look up to (usually on AIM),

i agree its tough on here because everyone has different tastes and you cant trust just any old person with a computer to tell you whats right or wrong

5. RevTech

Well that's the thing, they give feedback on the music, not the technical side. I feel like at a certain point the technical side can be put aside as a focuss and the music should shine through. I'm not being elitist but I've been on this forum atleast for 2 years (since a few days ago actually :D) and I need something that people will like. I have a deferent demographic now that I have some songs released. I'm not convinced in "staying true" to any genre. Sure I make dnb tunes sometimes but isn't every genre about innovation now anyways? And I do agree with you guys, definitely I'm just thinking a bit different.

6. djad

djad leo the lion

Im not good enough to to tell whats techincally best or whatever but if i like a tune then ill want it and play it. My set has so many more smaller names then bigger ones and its thanks to people on here and cloud. Your friends will always say something is good - youll get an honest opinion on here without ppl being dicks about it..

7. luciduk

luciduk Active Member

yeah i agree the technical stuff needs to be put aside at a certain point if i see potential in someone then im gonna pump some support into that because alot of people are at various stages of production somebody can write a sick tune but maybe they havnt got their technical aspects together yet so just push them in the right direction..

---------- Post added at 23:35 ---------- Previous post was at 23:34 ----------

THIS!! at the end of the day the best feedback comes from the producer you wanna sound like, not from mates who cant produce

Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  8. tv_g

tv_g Active Member

producers are still going to have a better ear for progression, complexity, melody, structure etc (as they ought to have had massive exposure to these concepts). feedback that i was depending on two note patterns too often was huge feedback for me that came from another musician.

you could always ask on here that you are looking for more feedback on the arrangement tip as opposed to technical.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  9. TongueFlap

TongueFlap Flappin'

Aim is best for me. I give a lot of feedback across there.

10. Simply D.

Simply D. Polysonic

the best feedback for me comes form producers. rather, the most constructive feedback.

11. BLoodstaiN`

BLoodstaiN` Member

Well facebook is nothing for me.
    I Posted my Claymore WIP in this New tracks section yesterday, and i got feedback as in, fatten your bass, beef it, put in some sound effects.
    But on facebook I've only had people saying, NICE! even my fellow DJ in Subtitude (Might change that name), Says that it's good.
    This is also my single source for decent feedback, Breakzforum.be & Drumnbass.be do not give any feedback at all if you're not known in the elitist group of producers on that site, which is sad.

I myself don't really dare to give feedback unless it's thing i'm okay or good at.
    and my technical skills aren't that great yet, but thanks to this forum i'm producing what i produce today o:

12. tv_g

tv_g Active Member

it would be nice if it wasn't taboo to give critical/negative feedback on soundcloud since there is such a huge collection of diverse artists.

13. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

whilst on the subject tv_g that bit in your sig is blinding, didnt you use to do gabba amen chip?

14. herojuana

herojuana hairy kuala

doesn't levity just use facebook?

case closed

15. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

he has his own website doe. should probably go check that now tbh bbq

16. Freek

Freek Lets get freeeeeeky

aim is best for constructive critisism imo. especially if your talking with a label cos surely the best feedback you recieve would be from someone/company who you would like to invest in your music. same with top producers, if you get on talking terms with em on aim and they are helping you with your productions, then eventually they will hopefully also start supporting ur tracks which is always good promo. aim ftw

17. tv_g

tv_g Active Member

lols, yeah that was me. always surprised when people remember that stuff. :p

18. RevTech

I've never used aim >< I use facebook chat with some producers to just to try and squeeze some credibility out of my argument haha. I honestly want to get on this whole scene of talking to producers on aim

19. subprime

subprime Dysjoint

For technical stuff for sure, but, in general, artists produce stuff for appreciation by people who wouldn't/couldn't have a damn clue say what how the? awesome sounds like pendulam.

Ignorant punters will make you if you ever get made so it's all swings and slides, but yeah for specific technical questions you might want a trusted ear and all that.

Any feedback has value if you realise who it's coming from and where they're at.

20. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

Best feedback = Teddy Bizzle!