The andromeda strain

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by logikz, Mar 28, 2014.

1. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

a Sci fi film from the 70s sometime.
    its over two hours and there is really no music, but despite that it is truly ambient. The cinematography is truly stunning and very much typical for the time with the split screen and constant text bars saying what day or time or level of detail in the governmental science complex etc. you need to revisit this film. its one of those they got right back then, what else you got you know any other scifi films from then like that? that's actually good?

2. JReilly

JReilly Member

I thought this was going to be a thread about a new strain of weed that sends you to another galaxy.

I'm a little bit disapointed.

3. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

No body cares about your disappointment Jay Reilly.
    Besides drugs are bad. People who smoke pot like to rape white women and watch sci-fi movies. Then they tell all their weed smoking friends about the movie leaving them disappointed.

Moskit, logikz and Teddy like this.
  4. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

I have no idea what film to suggest to you, perhaps one that meets the criteria you have mentioned in the original post. Thinking about it tho, that's exactly what you want. Well not on my watch sunshine. I think I'm going to go down a different route and suggest something to you based your real interests. You know which interests I'm talking about. Don't play coy with me big boy.
    Also I think the title of the film should be naturally pronounced with a rising inflection on the last word of the title, and if there is a number in the title it should be a composite number just for shits a giggles because thats how i roll. i've been on lots of rolls recently, I should change my name to butter.
    Anyway the real purpose of this long, meaningless and tedious rambling is moot. Watch backdoor sluts 9, it makes Crotch Capers 3 look like Naughy Nurses 2!

logikz likes this.
  5. JReilly

JReilly Member

Do they? I smoke pot and usually all I manage is a wank before I commit to being horizontal on the couch for a few hours until I get hungry.

Maybe they've got the Andromeda strain where your from.

You got a link?

6. Dark Lizardro

Dark Lizardro The Lizard that has a hammer Staff Member

I think the only sci-fi films I ever liked was the first two Aliens.

7. ThePapa

ThePapa Suffragette City..

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  8. jmzmaloney

jmzmaloney ENTHUSED WITH ETHNOGRAPHIC PLUNDERPHONICS Staff Member

Ive had it saved to watch for a while and never found a time when I was up for it, but I will watch tomorrow now I know its a goodun. Recommendations, Moon, if you aint seen it, loved that, but I bet you have. Mmm Timerider? with Fred Ward, that's great.

9. logikz

oh man. moon is the shit. big time, the shit as in an unquantifiable mass of the shit. i try to empathize with things albeit on a very regular basis, but this one time it coincided with watching that movie, moon, and i have to say, one of the things that makes it so great is that when you try and put yourself in his shoes and think of how you would react in such a situation, i just have no flipping idea like what the HELL would i do, in that situation. awesome film. and thank you jaros, thats the one!

ooooh that reminds me, must watch the original aliens now! b2b maybe even 4 even though its a travesty and total and complete and utter every negative adjective followed by the most extreme expletives in any language '

but farscape! you guys seen farscape? i just saw the first 3 episodes and it is gooooooooooood

tried watching to lawnmower man and as a kid it really thrilled me, but it hasnt aged very well. no sir. its a silly silly film.

then i watched dogma, and i dont care what anybody says, its an awesome film. whos house! runs house!! whos house runs house, say what?

10. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Staff Member

I agree with OP.

1.) He is unè fargutè
    2.) August Underground 74 was utter shit & about as scary as the Care Bears Movie
    3.) Totes & Blates

11. Fes Rock

Fes Rock Nothing..........

maybe thats because youve only watched these 2 pieces of shyte?

12. Sweaty Teddy

Sweaty Teddy Nob'ed

Try a film called primer, started watching it but was to vallied up and past it, seemed interesting though

13. jimjimjim

jimjimjim oldskool

fantastic voyage

logikz likes this.
  14. RUSSLA

RUSSLA DNBF Monarch

Would K-Pax fall in this kinda weirdness..? I fooking love that film

15. logikz

i never did watch k-pax, its about a guy thats locked up for being crazy but might very well be from the planet k-pax right? kevin spacey?
    and its good you say. really good, actually? but is it like the andromeda strain. boy thats a good film. love that film. i could watch it on repeat.

you know what makes me shiver with pleasure every time, its the black spell of destruction, round the 4.34 mark.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWGveho-rg0

he screams his lungs out, in such sanity blasting evil, such murderous hate. such love.

16. BrewUp

BrewUp New Member

Yup, that's K-Pax. It's not as super-deep and open ended as people make it out to be but it's a decent movie. Def worth a watch. (y)