The 303 Compo Thread

erhm. I think i'm about done toying with this.. not really happy with what i've got, but I said i'd submit whatever i ended up with... so I will. Its not even a finished product really.. I just don't know how to improve on it anymore. On to something new for me I guess. Ill send you a link tmo Logikz

Yeah, done, but I'm late for work. Send it in about 12 hours.

edit: sent...I think. Started a conversation anyhow. Is that like a pm? ffs I don't like change.:eek:

Last edited:
By Jove laddies, I got something here, and its got a 303 in it, so its going in. Just rendering the bugger now.

this is looking splendid lads, we have like five or six subs, two razor sharp judges and these square toe oxford lobbs which i match with my socks and my belt. armani cotton slacks and a six button paisley cerruti.

we have like five or six subs,.
Is that all? anyway, keen to hear how you fellas used the 303. That little synth is alright, I quite liked not having too many options. Gonna try and make a couple of tracks with it.

I finally received make the Roland MC-303 Groovebox work with my FL studio, and as it is 303, there is no problem if I use it in my track, or?

I will be honest, use the Tau thing IMO. Makes it a challenge not having the 303 style sequencer on it, took me a bit of messing to work out to get an acid line going, and even then I am still faking it a bit I think.

Really interested in someone capable explaining how to recreate the sequencer. I think I have an idea, but not 100%. I think you have to program your notes(1/16th notes), and I am guessing you need to use the velocity to mimick the accent feature and Glide to mimick the Slide faeture? amirite?

Also, how about everyone does a little write up of their own tune at the end. What they did, how they got from Sample Pack/303 to a tune. Doesnt have to be War and Peace, but a little bit about your processing flow. How you built your drums, Bass, etc etc...

Might help us all learn and pick up something we might not know about?

i think we will get around 7 or so subs and anyone who feels like it would be most welcome and truly appreciated to write a little walk through of their creative process, much like mugatu did with his winning tune in the thread when we announced the winner. i been talking to @Strobys and i think his would be an interesting read, cos he did an acid house influenced tune, and only used the 303 for sub, which is a very interesting story, and a tune goes with it and all, and hes going to resubmit an altogether new tune, with a clear 303 synth part, which is going to be really intestesting. and i havent even heard subprimes sub yet, which i bloody cant wait to do

but yeah thats a great idea jamie. im going to do it, thats for sure. im actualy a litle hype right now

Also, how about everyone does a little write up of their own tune at the end. What they did, how they got from Sample Pack/303 to a tune. Doesnt have to be War and Peace, but a little bit about your processing flow. How you built your drums, Bass, etc etc...

Might help us all learn and pick up something we might not know about?

WHAT? ive sampled resampled bounced layered resampled countless times over the past two weeks i cant remember what i had for dinner :D

Back
Top Bottom