The 160 thread

Howitzer

VIP Junglist
Easy All,
So im currently head over heels in love with a lot of the 160/80bpm stuff coming from the likes of fracture, fanu, sam binga, chimpo, om unit, eveson (dead mans chest), etc, etc.

some call if footwork, some all it juke, fuck knows what it is, but I want more!

I'm finding it difficult to mix properly with modern dnb as the tempo difference is just a bit too large to really do it justice, but I dont have enough tunes of this tempo to bang together a full mix. It is rather fun to mix it up with some older jungle though ;)

So, anyone got any recommendations?

Below are a few of my recent favourites:

Yes! Was thinking we need a dedicated sub-forum for everything 160. Check out Ground Mass on Bandcamp - they've got a bunch of free compilations. Same with Lowrise Sounds. Seems to be a pretty generous tempo bracket - there's so much free stuff out there. Definitely listen to Fracture's latest Rinse FM mix if you haven't already. Philip D Kick (Om Unit) has a great free compilation full of jungle footwork edits. Addison Groove is a must.

If you havn't aready - a lot of the teklife stuff i.e. Rashad, Spin stuff is all very Jukey and definiely worth checking out.

Those two new Djrum pieces are about the best music I have heard this year. (y)

cheers for the recommendations guys, those compilations from Ground Mass are a proper treasure trove! Years worth of free beats to get through!

dbx_160_main.jpg

Back
Top Bottom