Joe Seven - Juiced
dBridge - My Night Sky
Instra:mental - Fist Level 2B
Elemental - Archival
Stray - LA Zoom
dBridge & Skeptical - Move Way
Clarity - Constant

Last edited:
Tracklist looks wicked T30, being the 3rd majority Mosaic volume 2 mix of late.

What We Promise was quality as an intro tune, Not Known didn't come in to the second half of that, WWP even began to wind down on the outro before Not Know reared its head, but did roll almost effortlessly into Not Known. I need to mix that THY LVE tune more myself as it has been fairly untouched since I picked up all the volume 2 parts + only started playing Not Known this weekend just gone.

The beats between Not Known & White Snares did begin to drift for a couple of seconds + White Snares came in in the wrong place, I think its 4 beats out or something. Stay on top of counting tunes in on that one. White Snares was almost at its outro before The Way was in, but did like how the additional vocal in The Way eased in before White Snares went. Enjoyed the melodies of Missing You hanging around the shuffled beats of Tesserae, that was really nice & favourite mix so far :) Culture Trauma came in a little racey, but when the beat in Tesserae left the ride it was an aptly chosen point for Culture Trauma to pound in on its own. The bounce in One 6 Eight came in nicely to Culture Trauma, but Culture Trauma had left the mix before One 6 Eight had dropped.

The beats in Juiced began running away with the beat in One 6 Eight + Juiced came in in the wrong place again. Fist Level 2B was slightly out of alignment with My Nights Sky as the vocal in Fist sat int he wrong place. Archival was really nice to hear in there as a first listen. Not heard that before & the tribal echoey vibes in that hit the spot this morning. Would have liked to hear the intro of Move Away coming into LA Zoom, but those 2 sat together really well, that they kinda made up for no intro on that. Really like Constant as well as Move Away, so was looking forward to that blend from the start of the mix. The way the shuffle step in Move Away does its thing under the relentless bounce of Constant was quality, and in my opinion, you saved the best mix for last. The last vocal on Move Away was cut a smidge sharpish at the end.

Need to mention that 15 tunes in 65 mins is on the low side for the tune count, unless you are looking into podcast territory. Was it meant to be more of a podcast? If it wasn't, would expect to hear in the region of 24 / 25 tune in 65 mins. Some nice blends in there + a couple of instances where the tune came in wrong, they were beatmatched, just brought in in the wrong place. Remember to count them in (normally) every 32 beats. An interesting mix none the less.

Would be cool if you could have a listen to B&B 4 and jot some thoughts as it should be up your street, along a similar vibe to this mix of yours http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php/...-dBridge-Dan-Habarnam-Stray-Om-Unit-100-vinyl

Back
Top Bottom