that was the moment i knew

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by logikz, Jun 27, 2012.

1. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

in this thread we tell the tale about the crucial moments we had pivotal realizations about the situation and how it would change drastically very soon.

first time i was going to go pick up yay in amsterdam, on my own, as it were, my flatmate had hooked me up with a number. the number to a dude we will refer to as abdallah, or abs as we might have referred to him. or not. so i called abs i said hey man im the flatmate of so-and-so and could you swing by somewhere close to here tonight that would be great. he said yes, he would meet me down the parking lot by the square down by the arches. in a white car, to be specific. cool, great, cheers i said, and skipped merrily on down to the parking lot. what i hadnt thought of was that it is a fairly large parking lot, and the amount of white cars was not small either. so im running around like a ferret on pcp looking into every damn white car i can see for like half an hour and im freaking out cos i started to fear that i was failing. but, fortunately i see a white car with a guy in it, reading a map. so i look inside, he looks back. i nod, he nods. and he gestures, come on in. so i jump on in. he goes okay man heeey chow are yoo (middle eastern dialect), to which i reply good, good, so yeah whats... up? and he goes yeah yeah you know whats up with you?
    right about then my phone rings, i excuse myself and pick up, and its my dealer asking where i am.
    at that moment i knew, things were about to change very drastiaclly very soon.

so i was with this chick at a weekend getaway in some other godforsaken city. i think i mentioned her before. the dancer chick from new york city dance academy, you see, she was rather old. 38 at the time.
    so we mess around for a couple of days together, just in bed, drinking wine, fucking, listening to indian music and talking about stuff. and your mind can sometimes be deceived, actively, by itself. it can convince itself everything is sweet, and this could, in fact, work. so were frolicking, messing around, and since she was not only a dancer, but also shit-old, i remebered the vouge, the dance madonna invented and pioneered around 1991. it was huge, even though noone i knew knew how to do it, it was huge. so just on the subject of nothing in particular i ask if she knows the vouge! i love a good vouge, me. to which she proudly nods and replies with a faint macarena. and that was the moment i knew things were about to change drastically, very very soon.
    even though your mind can be deceived for pretty long periods at a time, this is when my brain went in sage mode, sat myself down and said 'now son, you know what this means. dont you. we have to bail, and when the opportunity is given, i dont want no hesitation or second guessing or nothing from you, i want you to do that thing that you do so well and jet'.

now you go.

2. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

Sounds like the incomplete story thread to me. You tantalisingly told me the intro for two stories.... and then i realsied it was all about to change.

MAJESTIC likes this.
  3. Jwood27

Jwood27 VICTIM

this is the moment i realised that everything karl posts in this thread is going to be a case of TL:DR

4. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Staff Member

ಠ_ಠ was the moment I knew everything was going to change drastically...

5. Phat_Sam

Phat_Sam Well-Known Member

Karl, ever considered writing a book?

6. _MILLA

_MILLA Flamboyant muthafucka

I dont have time to read this... but later i will... and im lookin forward to it

7. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

THIS!

8. DeeGun

DeeGun Church of Krust

Would you really want to read this? :teeth:

9. Phat_Sam

Phat_Sam Well-Known Member

I could read this all day every day. The musings of a man with, probably, too much life experience for one person.

logikz likes this.
  10. DeeGun

DeeGun Church of Krust

I´d prefer a movie. If I would read a 678 pages epos of Korl I probably would get sent into a mental facility :D

11. logikz

a book well lots of people have suggested i do, and i want you to know its a whole nother ball game, i can bullshit my way through some posts on our little forum here, but to write a whole book is just totally different. there are rules and regulations and a whole paradigm of shit to get into, study for years, then religiously ignore before youre even close to accomplishing what can be called by some a sort of ok novel or novella or paragraph even. character arch. and the intro chapter has to be totally awesome or its no use. and more, i remember when they told me all the shit you had to do to write a book its just immense, nothing like what were doing here.

12. _MILLA

books by logikz...

the first one tho bro! serious... really am looking forward to a second chapter haha!

13. ApeCat

ApeCat Human Dubplate

Writing any story - short or long - is ridiculously easy, just make sure there's something in the ending which is much like the start, or you could even put the ending in the start and then like "Three years earlier" and you work your way up to the ending hinting at stuff that we know is going to happen - take the protagonists half blind sister Caroline for instance; in the first chapter with the end we learn that Caroline has passed away dramatically, so during the story she gets into all kinds of life threatening situations so you've got the readers at the edge of their seats thinking "So, is this gonna be it? Is this gonna be it?! Is it?!!!" and boom! you've got yourself a Nobel's prize in literature my friend.

Doesn't matter what the story's even about or how poetic the language is or isn't, as long as people are expecting someone to die they'll imagine they're being entertained.

14. _MILLA

go on then... write a story if its that easy, thread it and we can all be the judges!

15. logikz

thats an interesting point seppo. that it is, certainly worth considering. ALSO you lot will gleefully do 'ghost story' thread but not 'that was the moment i knew' thread? you jeremy kyle crowd participant prize at its most in your menial pedestrian void of a so called life. do the thread. or im coming back with more.

16. d-low

d-low I know you got soul

i love how you guys (europeans mainly) have far better vocabulary and grammer, in english, than 90% of the english people who use these boards.

:not in a racist way, i think it says something about our culture

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  17. ApeCat

ApeCat Human Dubplate

My mum's English so I don't really have an excuse..

18. d-low

d-low I know you got soul

you was supposed to say how your clever and that brits are all inbred.

19. logikz

my god. cant believe you didnt know that seppo. but here, ill do it for you. just cos youre from the uk doesnt mean you speak english. but for those of us and has had with proper english teachers, or however its spelled, in that school, well, its easy. isnt that curious how you can be so inbred and fk up my thread with no participation, i have to say i am most distraught that you should not bloody well participate

20. logikz

fucking ghost story thread. i thought since that was such a lively affair this should be fun but since jeremy kyle doesnt do moments of clarity and real insight you are a gang of gymnasts on shore leave