That "Other" Forum

Mr Fletch

aka KRONIX
VIP Junglist
I'm morally torn.

I havn't really been producing any drum and bass for quite some time now. Been focusing a lot on my deep dubstep. My dubstep productions are much crisper than my DnB, and it's kinda my new love right now. So to try and keep things sensible, I've begun posting over on Dubstep Forum.

WELL FUCK ME!!!

There's a few nice helpful guys over there, But I'm damned if I can get much sense out of the majority! It's like they're all fucked up on interweb steroids or something?! I don't understand how one forum can be really cool, with a whole bunch of helpful people, and a few retards, while the other is full of tards and a couple of helpful guys!

Anyway, onto my dilemma. I know a lot of you guys on here aren't big into the dubstep, and some of you frown upon it being posted here (it is a drum and bass forum after all!) But should I still post my stuff here? Obviously I will still be interacting with you all on production related topics, but when it comes to tracks and the likes, I'm a little unsure?

Anyway, that's my rant over.......

Ofc you should post your dubstep here. I think you are one of the people who have contributed the most to this forum. It's give some, take some and you've given enough to earn the right to post what ever you want here imo. Besides there is a lot of other people here that posts mixed genres like hip hop, house and dubstep from time to time.

It wouldn't bug me at all!

Carry on man; not really into dubstep, but would be interesting to see what your doing. Im just trying to get going in Ableton myself bit overwhelming at the moment :)

As long as it's good; I wouldn't fret too much if, say, an unreasonable person here or there makes a fuss. Especially if it's got elements of both in there, I don't see a problem in that regard.

I guess it would only become an issue if you start peeling into LMFAO (Don't even know what genre they do, but I do know they suck royally) and Shrillex territory, otherwise you're good. But tread carefully.

Othh, it's actually up to the mods, but I think they're reasonable from the short stint I've been around here so far ;)

i'm not a regular poster on here but i am a regular reader. i've considered you to be a strong part of this forum through all my misc searching/reading, you've contributed a great deal and think most ppl here would agree with me. i say go ahead n post up ur tracks here and ppl should be more than happy to give u their 2 cents. i'm a dubstep fan but don't know how much of this forum would agree with me. the only downside is if there aren't enough dubstep fans to make the feedback u receive constructive enough to keep u on a constantly improving path with ur production.

there are enough similarities between dubstep and dnb to where there is some relation (appreciation of complex basses, etc). but there's no denying u'll get better, more relevant feedback from ppl who are actually fans of the genre... unless they're just asses who have nothing worthwhile to say. i say post ur stuff up here n see if the feedback u get is constructive and keeps u improving like i mentioned, because ultimately thats the reason for sharing it online right, to ultimately improve.

fwiw i think u got mad talent and if u stay focused n motivated, u could take ur productions to the next level.

Cmon Tony, I love you buddy, your the man. Your one of the guys that actually is able to produce a decent tune ! I read the shit those idiots write at you in the DSF and its not even the waffle section. Cmon man, please stay. And drop into waffle sometime I miss you there man !

yea keep posting here just make sure you label your tunes correctly so anyone who isnt into dubstep cant complain

I am new here and don't know you, but I have been a member in the dubstep forum since 2007 but stop contributing there a long time ago for the reasons you claimed. Too many idiots. If you want good feedback, DO NOT post there, they will just troll you, especially if they don't know you. If you are highly active and not hated or some big time producer they might let up the trolling. I just can't be bothered to contribute to a forum with such wastemen. F that place seriously.

Yeah I used to post on DSF but now its just the same questions with the same answers,
Occationally there is a gem of a question or subject brought up, but people are always in trolling mode and well you know what happens

I post there a lot but only really in off-topic. There are quite a lot of trolls but there are also a lot of people who know what they're talking about

Tell me about it!

I started this thread earlier, just to try and ease my way into the forum, couple of nice guys commenting, but then one serious troll! Worth a look for some lulz

http://www.dubstepforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=273296

where?

anyway, 1 guy doesn't really tell anything about a forum, but something about DSF

-A LOT of inside jokes and epic troleing
-production forum is a retard fest
-snh

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom