That "Other" Forum

I'm morally torn.

I havn't really been producing any drum and bass for quite some time now. Been focusing a lot on my deep dubstep. My dubstep productions are much crisper than my DnB, and it's kinda my new love right now. So to try and keep things sensible, I've begun posting over on Dubstep Forum.

WELL FUCK ME!!!

There's a few nice helpful guys over there, But I'm damned if I can get much sense out of the majority! It's like they're all fucked up on interweb steroids or something?! I don't understand how one forum can be really cool, with a whole bunch of helpful people, and a few retards, while the other is full of tards and a couple of helpful guys!

Anyway, onto my dilemma. I know a lot of you guys on here aren't big into the dubstep, and some of you frown upon it being posted here (it is a drum and bass forum after all!) But should I still post my stuff here? Obviously I will still be interacting with you all on production related topics, but when it comes to tracks and the likes, I'm a little unsure?

Anyway, that's my rant over.......

first off, dubstep is drum and bass, its bass based music with big drums, therefore its drum and bass, just at the wrong tempo

second of all, you are a traitorous barbarian fiend.

thirdly, any turd that feels they have a right to slag off any genre in the production forum is, as i said, a turd.

fourthly, post away. traitorous barbarian fiend.

Haha i ve always wondering what dnb people though about it, now i know : p

Seriously, i m not into dubstep but wouldn't find it strange if some ds tracks were posted here (especially from a great contributor of the forum). Just don t bring the skrillex horde with you please :cat:
2013, still reducing dubstep to skrillex :lol:

Btw, is there anything like atmospheric dubstep ?

there is some huge dubstep though, Youngsta, LXOne, SPMC, Icicle and J:Kenzo are pushing some really naughty sounds!

Seriously, i m not into dubstep but wouldn't find it strange if some ds tracks were posted here (especially from a great contributor of the forum). Just don t bring the skrillex horde with you please :cat:

Tons. If you think Skrillex is all dubstep has to offer, you better step back and do some research. Once us Americans got involved with the sound, it all started getting "bro" over here. The deep sound is alive and well my friend. TONS of atmospheric stuff out there, probably moreso than drum and bass actually. Look up Mala, Compa, Jkenso,anything on Tempa records, anything on Deep Medi, I could go on for days about quality dubstep. On the record, the bro/Skrillex sound sucks so much ass, I really can't stand it, it is so grating.

Stuff by Martyn, Distance, Devious, Darqwan etc might be up your street. Quite old tunes.

Only kind of dubstep i like.

Last edited:
Tons. If you think Skrillex is all dubstep has to offer, you better step back and do some research. Once us Americans got involved with the sound, it all started getting "bro" over here. The deep sound is alive and well my friend. TONS of atmospheric stuff out there, probably moreso than drum and bass actually. Look up Mala, Compa, Jkenso,anything on Tempa records, anything on Deep Medi, I could go on for days about quality dubstep. On the record, the bro/Skrillex sound sucks so much ass, I really can't stand it, it is so grating.

You speak words of wisdom my friend. Deep Medi and Black Box are the Don labels of deep dubstep. I'm also quite partial to what Wheel And Deal and Chestplate are throwing out recently!

yeah fletch, post your shit dude, i know i want to hear it so chances are other people do too. but dubstepforum is nice then is it? i only read OP and i cant quite make out if its like any other forum (some keyboard gangsta jerks on internet steroids, but other than that, the crowd is generally sound) or if its a partuclarly shit forum, because dubstep has that badman stamp on it, doesnt it, so it wouldnt be hard to imagine that it was full to the brim with internet gangstas. anyway go head and post your tunes, weve had quite a few dubstep producers post on here. artfx for example. hugely popular. massive ratings.

Stuff by Martyn, Distance, Devious, Darqwan etc might be up your street. Quite old tunes.

Only kind of dnb i like.

Thanks guys, that sounds great. let's listen to fresh sounds.

Back
Top Bottom