DnB That... old.. sound!!

Attire

Last Winter
VIP Junglist
Hah so I don't know how to describe it, but it's in Ev's Dead and I think Anile's Change of Direction and a derivation is in Enei & Subwave's The Mines... it's that really nice sounding reese thing.

Just before the bass kicks in in Ev's Dead. (0:24 ish)

Anyone know where it came from? Or how it's made? It's just so... :boom:

Last edited by a moderator:
ah ive heard that sound alot... i think maybe its an old school sample quite possibly from a hip-hop track or something, kinda like those old sirens you used to get in public enemy or cypress hill or that kind of thing. Not 100% but im sure u can make something similar with insane modulation and pitchbending haha maybe not. sounds like a modulated air horn or something doesnt it?

Well I don't know if it is that but I will have a play and see what I can come up with, thanks.

In the meantime, does anyone have any idea where to start with making this sound?

It's at 1.38 ish.

Kinda similar to some of the sounds Icicle uses, and I've been playing with the attack and decay settings on some synths, but I just don't know how to make it sound... like that.
I don't even know what kind of wave to use aha.

(Btw please don't slam me for 'copying' these sounds, I want to learn how to make them so I might play about with them and such)

Well I don't know if it is that but I will have a play and see what I can come up with, thanks.

In the meantime, does anyone have any idea where to start with making this sound?

It's at 1.38 ish.

Kinda similar to some of the sounds Icicle uses, and I've been playing with the attack and decay settings on some synths, but I just don't know how to make it sound... like that.
I don't even know what kind of wave to use aha.

(Btw please don't slam me for 'copying' these sounds, I want to learn how to make them so I might play about with them and such)

It has some serious gap between high and low, maybe bandreject filter? You got ohmicide? That makes pretty crunchy basses.

Back
Top Bottom