That extra bar or two

Afek_One

VIP Junglist
What is with producers putting an extra bar or 2 on the drop after the breakdown right now? Calibre, Alix Perez, Gerra and Stone and Villem and McLeod have all done it recently. I get that some producers don't want their tunes being double dropped as anthems all the time, but if you're trying to drag out long techno style blends, it's impossible.I have a ton of good ideas for Revolve Her, but that extra bar just kills it. Calibre has like 3 recent tunes with this shit.

Calibre has been doing it for years.
Mr Majestik is a great example of the extra 2 bars.

Got to be honest if you know your tunes - you can work around this.

Otherwise wait until 2nd drop and mix out from there.

I actually like some variation in the structure, so this doesn't bother me too much at all.

Yeah you can work around it. I've been doing it for years with tunes like Ra and How You Make Me Feel (Photek Remix). It actually makes the mix sound pretty interesting.

I like it, if a DJ pulls off a really good mix when you know there's an extra few bars or whatever you know they've thought about it a lot.

Just know your tunes as others have said

What is with producers putting an extra bar or 2 on the drop after the breakdown right now? Calibre, Alix Perez, Gerra and Stone and Villem and McLeod have all done it recently. I get that some producers don't want their tunes being double dropped as anthems all the time, but if you're trying to drag out long techno style blends, it's impossible.I have a ton of good ideas for Revolve Her, but that extra bar just kills it. Calibre has like 3 recent tunes with this shit.

Revolve-Her has 4 bars extra before the second drop. Just count an extra 4 bars after the start of a 16 bar phase before you start the track you're mixing in.

Back
Top Bottom