Texas Chainsaw Massacre Remake

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Mulla, Mar 30, 2004.

1. Mulla

Mulla Digital Future

Ok, so I realise Im like a year late with this lol, but I finally got round to watching this at the weekend, and I have to say I wasnt overly impressed.

Thats not surprising really tho, as I was a huge fan of the original. I just feel its been too Hollywood-ized. For example, the chase scenes had these big dramatic orchestral scores to add to the tension (which the original didnt use or need) and they obviously felt they needed to add a lot of gore to the film to keep today's audience interested, something else the original didnt rely on.

Actually this is sounding a bit harsh, it really wasnt too bad I suppose, and I though the walk-thru bit at the beginning and end was a nice touch, but overall I think they should have just left this alone.

Opinions?

2. V Matt

V Matt Member

Are there any remakes of films that are actually any good? Can't think of any right now.

3. Time Dependant

Time Dependant Jungle Hunter

The Ring's pretty good but not exceptional. I went & saw Dawn of the Dead about 2 weeks ago & that was poor!!!

4. Mulla

Mulla Digital Future

The Ring was ok, but I cant say I found the original in the least bit dark lol.

Italian Job was watchable I suppose, but then I havent seen the original to compare it too.

There must be some good remakes out there surely? Im just trying to think of one.....

5. Time Dependant

Time Dependant Jungle Hunter

I haven't seen the original or the remake but a few people said Ocean's 11 was good

6. Orbit887

Orbit887 Member

'Vanilla Sky' was a good remake of the Spanish 'Abre Los Ojos' IMO, although the plot lines weren't identical in every way, they were essentially the same story line. I enjoyed Vanilla Sky, tho many others I've spoken to didn't.

7. Mulla

Mulla Digital Future

You know this mate! I thought 'Vanilla Sky' was heavy, but know loads of people who thought it was proper gash.

8. Reactor Grits

Reactor Grits lick a shot

I guess all remakes suck ass since it's not the same as what made the original an success. Ring was a good remake, but imo was the Japanese version much spookier, although it lacked the hollywood gore. I hated those orchestral fills in the remake during the good scenes, better have silence and a hard shocker afterwards :razz: (just like with TCM btw)

9. Ab0|2Ti0N

Ab0|2Ti0N WHAT THE FUCK IS JUICE???

Word mang, Ocean's Eleven is a quality movie. Real smoov. I liked 'The Ring', mainly because of Naomi Watts :bone:

10. rmt

rmt sex for money plz?

eh i don't get it, i has never not enjoyed a movie, fo shizzle if its blatantly shit i haven't! but ive never went to see a movie that i expected to be good and be dissapointed! i guess im not criticial..

11. mesh

mesh Active Member

The Fly was a good horror remake, most do suck I guess.
    Surely only Clooney could make Oceans11 watchable? I loved him in O Brother ...

Anyone like Hitchcock films? proper scare

12. Ab0|2Ti0N

Ab0|2Ti0N WHAT THE FUCK IS JUICE???

I loved George Clooney in Batman & Robin.
    ;):lol:

13. jay walker

jay walker 1/2 of Passive/Aggressive

Yer, the Fly was a sick remake, but to be fair it was way before Hollywood decided remakes make big bucks no matter how shit they are.

Ive seen a few Hitchcock movies bro, the suspense that guy creates was second-to-none. I saw one of his films about a body in a box in some dudes apartment, Hitchcock shot all the film/scenes in one room and edited the footage together to be one continuous scene (which was groundbreaking for the time as the film reels only could hold 15 minutes footage). It was called 'The Rope' or sumpin' like that.

Went to Universal Studios a few years ago an saw 'The Birds' in 3D - Man, that was good! o_O

As a whole - remakes o' movies dont light my torch :twisted:

14. nasher

nasher Gangsta Status

its rather shitty

15. Wikkidbass13

Wikkidbass13 Member

I'm actually all about the Dawn Of The Dead remake, and as far as foreign remakes, I'd have to say 'The Ring' was pretty good.

16. CoB

CoB Pure Sanelessness

well.. the dude who made texas chainsaw massacre actually makes advertisements for a living.. he was only given the deal because of the add that he made for it.. which is why the add made the film look like it was gonna be awesome.. yet didnt deliver, because thats what he does, and that was the only reason he was allowed to make it.. yup yup.. never seen it, but im sure i got the best bits on tv :)

17. V Matt

V Matt Member

If we are counting remakes that turn into different films then Magnificient Seven isn't bad, that's a remake of an old Japanese film called The Seven Samurai.

The Good, The Bad & The Ugly is fucking wicked and steals a fair bit from it as well although it's not really a remake as such.

I was thinking more of films that are direct remakes (same name etc.) when I said they all suck.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2004
  18. rmt

rmt sex for money plz?

im thinking that maybe they should remake Battle Royale, that would be some serious ill shit! :devilslay