Testing the water, remixed a Kaskade tune...

Exert

I like trains
So I primarily make Drum & Bass, let's get that out there first lol.

But I've been experimenting in all different styles and come up with a Dubsteppy, chilled remix using the vocals from Kaskade's 'Eyes' from the Fire & Ice album. I'm not quite sure how open minded people are on here about non-DnB hence my ginger approach at requesting feedback...

Basically, do you like this:

Please say yes.

I reckon you should bring forth the sub in the mix, other than that I love the tune man, chilled as f. hmm think maybe like faster closed hat sounds instead of opens could sound a bit better, but im just exploring possibilities there :) keep up the good work man

I reckon you should bring forth the sub in the mix, other than that I love the tune man, chilled as f. hmm think maybe like faster closed hat sounds instead of opens could sound a bit better, but im just exploring possibilities there :) keep up the good work man

Thanks man, yeah I think there's a few tweaks that need to happen in the mix, will have another blast tomorrow!

First of all, these post belong in the new talent and track review subforum.

Second, I'm liking this! Especially that bass sound that comes in in the second part of the first drop, that raspy one..
Few little remarks and stuff I noticed: In the intro the rhythm felt weird until the kick stepped in. Maybe strip back the hats a bit there. The fast downsweep in the quiet bit before the drop is a no no for me... But that might just be me.

Other that that, very nice work!

Ah I do apologise, I'm sure one of the mods will move it accordingly :rolleyes:

Yeah you're the 2nd person to point out the weird hat pattern, I guess because I wrote it I know how it goes so I know where the beats sit in relation to the pattern, might look into changing that lol...

This is really good!!!!!!!!!

Id boost the lows too. Id also bring down the highs just a tad, compress them less and maybe stick a multiband transient shaper on there to TONE DOWN the high transients. it'll make em less abrasive and "splashy" for such a mellow track. thats just me being obsessive though. That hat pattern is cool as hell. Its different thats all.

I like it!

Like this. Amazing soundscapes, nicely mastered too. Well done.

Thanks man! Who said you couldn't get a good sound out of Reason lol.

This is really good!!!!!!!!!

Id boost the lows too. Id also bring down the highs just a tad, compress them less and maybe stick a multiband transient shaper on there to TONE DOWN the high transients. it'll make em less abrasive and "splashy" for such a mellow track. thats just me being obsessive though. That hat pattern is cool as hell. Its different thats all.

I like it!

That's cool man, obsessive is what turns a good track into a great track! Glad you like it :)

Yeah man, the whole tune was done in Reason

Question, i checked your SC page and saw you do analog mastering, is this one analog mastered too? Because it sounds so tight and professional! If yes i probably need to start asking people for analog mastering aswell :D
Lovely track overall, i haven't heard the original yet, but as i know Kaskade i'm pretty sure i'm more into your bootleg :P Big ups

Nope, everything you hear has come out of Reason, mixed using the Reason mixer and mastered using my digital mastering chain in Reason, this tune hasn't touched any hardware!

The company I intern with offer many studio services you may be interested in, just click the link in my sig :)

And I am very pleased you prefer my bootleg :respect:

Edit: Also I see that you're Since Now ;) you have taken my interest haha

Back
Top Bottom