Tesseract - Polaris

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by sam the dnb man, Sep 20, 2015.

1. sam the dnb man

sam the dnb man Variation

Anyone a fan of Tesseract? They are by far my favourite band at the moment.

Feeling this one off their new album.

2. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

did do much for me, is it going to go more or less sigur ros at any point and or is satan introduced in the sound image

3. sam the dnb man

I didn't think this would be your cup of tea. I'm not sure if you'd like much of their music in all honesty.

You might like their 6 part track Concealing Fate from their first album, One.

4. logikz

ok, will check and get back to you. they must be fairly recent with a name like that, no? or what, did anyone know about the tesseract before captain america 1?

5. sam the dnb man

They have been around since 2011 I think. Some people consider them pioneers among the new wave of progressive bands.

They have a unique sound and their tunes are dynamic, which acts as a rest for when I'm listening to Meshuggah etc

6. logikz

ok. so they arent a little tool-ish? no? a what about eco-metal. thats pretty progressive. i hear its extreme too. and french!

have you heard that band btw, the french eco-metal band? my curiosity is peaked!

7. sam the dnb man

Yeah they are a less toolish.

Think of tool mixed with Meshuggah (in terms of rhythm) and clean vocals

8. Claus601

Claus601 Custom Title

Get this queer shit the fuck out of here

9. logikz

strange expletive for you claude, but ok, we will try and keep it down over here. wont we samuel.
    so try and go easy on the exclamations, for our firend claude here, and keep in mind, hes 601. see if that doesnt change the tone a little, if you let that whole deal just swirl around your mind a little bit, like you would a wine in your mouth. because its a concept, so youd have to consider it, or it wouldnt have any meaning. its fair to say it doesnt actually exist at all without your regard. can you feel the fading happening, you know, like when they change something in the past with a time machine causing your parents never to meet, nullifying your existence AW shit i did it again, didnt i. soz claude, ill try to reel it in.

and ok youre going to have to imagine me saying this in a slightly hushed voice btw, ok so, see, if its meshugga like, im in. specially if its much meshugga like, and with their own take on it, im down for the pound like that bitch in jerry mcguire. slightly unrelated but i think meshuggah has the best metal related music video ever, might even be the best music video ever all categories. bleed from obzen i think it is.

@Dark Lizardro BODO i cant find it, where is it?"????!?!!??!!?!??!1111eleventyon4

10. sam the dnb man

They have Meshuggah influences in some of their tunes, but I wouldn't say they are Meshuggah like

11. logikz

ok man im checkin the tune you said, or maybe im goin to check the one you put in OP again, maybe ill get it this time round. its a very difficult style of music for me to start dissecting and finding stuff i like about. specially metal, like few genres are capable of being as worthless as metal can. if you fk up the metal part, its worse than christian rap or japanese family fun rave, just to see some guy trying to be metal and failing.a corny rocker is worse than a wigger or an emo.

hardcore is one form of metal i just took so much of, growing up in the 90s, that i can barely touch the stuff these days. therapy?s "going nowhere" is how the world sounded for a while, and its ruined sooo much

12. jmzmaloney

jmzmaloney ENTHUSED WITH ETHNOGRAPHIC PLUNDERPHONICS Staff Member

13. Saftstein

Saftstein Active Member

Did anyone say Djent thread?

Still one of my fav bands, saw them in London, had a talk with them, got a free shirt. Claiming this is the nicest band i've ever seen.

Haven't heard the new TesseracT album though, should give it a try asap

14. Harry3

Harry3 Chuki

Not a fan of the vocals but would be a good snowboarding tune

15. Saftstein

Saftstein Active Member

Matter of taste i guess, i like his vocals but i understand your point.

Oh, i forgot about the best band all time:

16. jmzmaloney

No no, Weezer best band

logikz likes this.
  17. Harry3

Harry3 Chuki

His voice reminds me too much of like Linkin Park and that sort of stuff....

Needs more unintelligible Icelandic lyrics

Just been listening to

DEEP

18. logikz

MALONEYS! MAAAAAAAAAAAALOOOOOOOOONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! GET IT MY MAN! GET. IT. MY. MAN. i just woke up from our big birthday bash last night, and i feel great. got laiiiiiiiiiiiidddddddddddd!!!!! and there is TONS of leftover booze, food, belgian chocholates, and drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrugs, so im drinking a pitcher of the most perfectly mixed melon ball, just popped half a stamp of acid and half a pill, then im gonna start fiddling with this noisecore industrial ambient thing me and liz are working on. that is to say if i will be able to do anything at all, im starting to suspect half a stamp and half a pill mightve been a tad excessive

19. jmzmaloney

Weezer get overlooked man, their first 2 albums are right in there with all the great albums of the mid-90s, Nevermind, Definitely, Maybe, Radiohead, Masssive Attack, Prodigy. I'd prefer to listen to Weezer over all the great mid-90s Indie or what ever you wanna call em albums. Look at Pinkerton, all the reviewers said it was shit at the time, now they've all had to eat their words.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015