Tensor - The Void WIP, new minimal dnb track

Intro seems a little empty, even for minimal lol! Drumwork is top notch, got the right minimal feel to it. I like your dark bass strings. Hmm, not sure about the bass after the drop, it kinda drowns out your drums quite alot. Work on the EQ'in a bit, and add a few subtle sounds into it and it'll shine

Intro seems a little empty, even for minimal lol! Drumwork is top notch, got the right minimal feel to it. I like your dark bass strings. Hmm, not sure about the bass after the drop, it kinda drowns out your drums quite alot. Work on the EQ'in a bit, and add a few subtle sounds into it and it'll shine

Cheers for your comments mate! Yeah I was trying to keep the intro as minimal as possible but listening back I definitely agree its too empty, it needs more elements to make it more rhythmic i think.

With the bassline, obv i can turn the volume down, throw in some subtractive eq/notching on the bassline to bring out the drum elements, add sidechaining... any other techniques i can use?

i like it

cheers mate!

i think some intricate lfo on the bass on the last 4/16's would give it some nice movement.

Yeah youre right, the whole track needs to be more intricate i think. gonna finish this one off as soon as i can get some time in the studio!

cheers guys, any more thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom