Tensor - Pulsar WIP, lookin for some feedback on this funky roller track!

Tensor

Ez guys, would love some feedback on this one. I've been working on it for such a long time i honestly can't tell if it sounds good or not anymore!

I dunno. what do you guys think? something about the bassline sound is rubbing me the wrong way a little bit i think but i cant quite put a finger on what to do about it. any input would be much appreciated, cheers guys!

you've got a big rezzy spike in the bassline, low-mid around 300 (a C#), that'l b dragging the compression back and the track over all, which is a wikid btw, bassline is tasty, think the snare is a bit harsh, great track tho, more eq on the bass will help, sumtimes have to be surgical getting those rezzy spikes out

you've got a big rezzy spike in the bassline, low-mid around 300 (a C#), that'l b dragging the compression back and the track over all, which is a wikid btw, bassline is tasty, think the snare is a bit harsh, great track tho, more eq on the bass will help, sumtimes have to be surgical getting those rezzy spikes out

Thanks a lot mate! thats exactly what im lookin for. I'm working in reason, what tools can I use to find these res spikes since it doesnt have a proper built in spectrum analyser?

forget analyzers, need to use your ears, the more you do it, the more obvious they will be come and easier to deal with, problem is, not all rezzy spikes are bad....anyways, i wrote a few tips here... http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php?113853-ZeroZero-Psycho-(Dark-dnb) ....9 posts down

should help! you basicly need an EQ that will allow you to use Notch points on specific frequencies, afraid I dont know what that would be for Reason...but it should look something like this....

sshot_big_q10_01.jpg

(those freqz have nothing to do with your track btw, just a random screenshot i found on the interwebs of Q10 ' paragraphic' eq

nice one mate cheers for those tips! yeah reason has a nice parametric eq that can do notches like that. ill have a go later when i get back to the studio. cheers!

tune is sounding prety good so far.
gonna want some more elements to fill it out to a full tune, but the start is good.
try n find those spikes and try a few pads n fx, and i think you gonna have a nice track.
keep up the good work fella. :)

Back
Top Bottom