Tensor - Protokon, just finished a new techy track any feedback would be awesome!

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Tensor, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Tensor

Tensor Active Member

Hey guys, just finished a new track, any feedback or criticism would be much appreciated! Especially any tips on the mixdown/eq/mastering, my monitors aren't super amazing so I'd love to know how it translates to some higher quality speakers.

Thanks!

2. Pandemik

Pandemik Bludclotaroonies!

very slick sounding like the gritty stab bass sound and levels are good drums stand clear too nice little edit im feelin this defo :eek:) will look out for your tracks in the future ;o)

3. Oqtune

Oqtune New Member

The mix is great! The only work I see that is needed is one cutting frequency on the snare drum. Good flow and structure!

I believe you know your stuff. You don't need many tips. Send it off to some label!

4. Tensor

Tensor Active Member

Cheers for the comments guys, thanks for listening!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  5. JungleFever

JungleFever Member

nice track man

6. Tensor

Tensor Active Member

7. JoErOe

JoErOe Member

very nice. really deep dark and dangerous vibes here man. The mix sounds good. im listening on moniter headphones tho, since i am only at my laptop currently. not a whole lot to say here, the snare could use a bit more upper end or reverb i cant quite decide. And maybe sidechaining the sub to the kick, unless you are, then id say let the kick through a bit more. Great work man!

Here's an almost final version of one of my latest tracks. Lemme know what you think!! any feed back is always appreciated.

8. vJDiZZ

vJDiZZ New Member

Most definitely a great track, bruh. The Mixdown sounds good. I'd just let the snare through just a tiny bit more, but that's just my personal taste so it's negligible. Overall I don't really think you have much to do. Wicked work bruh.

d-low likes this.
  9. Autorun & Iaco

Autorun & Iaco New Member

10. d-low

d-low I know you got soul

Really nice track. Do i detect a tad of sampling other drum and bass tunes, or is this all original work?

11. Tensor

Tensor Active Member

Thanks! Nah I wouldn't sample other tunes! it's all original work, but some of the bass sounds are from sample packs with some extra processing.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
    d-low likes this.
  12. ApeCat

ApeCat Human Dubplate

I think the drums could pack a little more punch and the bass could do with some work to bring out the snarly sounds a bit more. Hats could be a bit quieter in my opinion.

I think the two parts sound a bit too alike, and there could be a bit more variation in effects and incidentals, overall it sounds pretty tight and rolls along nicely though, but some of the sounds do get a bit stale after hearing them a couple of times.

13. d-low

d-low I know you got soul

I agree the snare could come through slightly more, but other than that it seems your being incredibly nit-picky

14. Tensor

Tensor Active Member

Cheers for listening guys and thanks for the tips! Honestly nitpicking is really helpful, I've listened to the track on a bunch of different systems now and it sounds really different on each one so any advice really helps. Really need some new monitors haha....

15. Tensor

Tensor Active Member

last bump for this one :)