Tensor - April 2011 Neuro / Tech mix - Phace, Noisia, Octane&DLR, Break etc

Tensor

Easy guys! Just finished recording a brand new mix, just over an hour of wholesome neuro / tech goodness. Theres a few fresh tracks in there and a couple of older ones, been meaning to do this mix for a long time! downloads are enabled on soundcloud. hope you enjoy it!

DnBshare download link

Tracklist:

1) Billain - Probes [Syndrome]
2) >>>Noisia – Displaced [Vision]
3) Phace -Strange Science [Shogun Audio]
4) Spor – Kingdom [Lifted Music]
5) Octane & DLR – The Fly [Sonorous]
6) Phace – Vintage [Neosignal]
7) Alix Perez ft. Noisia – Loose Ends [Shogun Audio]
8) Siren – Snorkel [Siren]
9) >>>Break – Isis [Symmetry]
10) June Miller & Mindmapper – Quartz Controlled [Buried Audio]
11) Genotype – Upload Crisis [Broken Audio]
12) Skeptical – Cold One (Jubei Remix) [Ingredients]
13) Rockwell – DJ Friendly Unit Shifter [Shogun Audio]
14) Phobia & Sato – Jitter [Coded]
15) Gremlinz & Anile – Stand Alone [Renegade Hardware]
16) Octane, DLR & Survival – Transition [Renegade Hardware]
17) BTK - Vengeance (Octane & DLR Ripping and Tearing Remix) [Dutty Audio]
18) S.P.Y. - The Boy Who Cried Wolf [31 Records]
19) Fresh – Heavyweight [Digital Soundboy]
20) Enei, Eastcolors & Noel – Cracker [Critical]
21) Icicle ft. SP:MC – Dreadnaught [Shogun Audio]
22) Ulterior Motive & Zero T – Breach [Subtitles UK]
23) Break & Die – Slow Down [Symmetry]
24) >>>Rockwell - Noir (Ulterior Motive Remix) [Critical]
25) >>>Break & Spectrasoul – Martyr [Symmetry]
26) DBridge & Vegas – True Romance [Metalheadz Platinum]

any comments/criticism more than welcome. safe!

Last edited:
very nice tracklist, rite up my street. will feedback wen i have the time to give it a butchers

Hello mate im gonna jumpo on this and give it a listen for ya. Bare with me for feedback as i gotta put it on cd and that. Tracklist looks wicked.

bump! did you get a chance to give this a listen CPR? :)

sure did mate, gotta say loved basically all of it.
other than a few slighthickups i really enjoyed. listened to at work so didnt giv it full attention wich is a bad on my behalf but i really did like mate
big respect.
and as i said before tracklist was very tasty keep up the good work mate.

and just on a side note how long u been at it, wot u use ect??

1) Billain - Probes [Syndrome] - not heard this track b4, twisted i like!!
2) >>>Noisia – Displaced [Vision] - yeah cool lil subtle blend
3) Phace -Strange Science [Shogun Audio] - yeah sweet!
4) Spor – Kingdom [Lifted Music] - thought it would sound shit, but no, they go ok together up until the drop, dont think they sit right after that. i would have cut the mix earlier to make it smoother.
5) Octane & DLR – The Fly [Sonorous] - yeah ok, funny placement but its diff to the standard boring structure that everyone does time after time so cool!
6) Phace – Vintage [Neosignal] - gd clean mix. would like to hear it doubled with the fly, wondering what they would have sounded like together.
7) Alix Perez ft. Noisia – Loose Ends [Shogun Audio] - sounds real good with vintage, needed a lil subtractive eq to make it sit a lil cleaner togther but still a very nice mix man.
8) Siren – Snorkel [Siren] - came in really loud and overpowered the mix, less is always more..
9) >>>Break – Isis [Symmetry] - sound great together, but again u need some subtractive eq somewhere so its not so full on, its hard to tell where on these shit earphones, but im guessing theres too much bass agwarn!
10) June Miller & Mindmapper – Quartz Controlled [Buried Audio] - not my favourite mix so far, but not horrible and u kept it clean.
11) Genotype – Upload Crisis [Broken Audio] - cool, very subtle.
12) Skeptical – Cold One (Jubei Remix) [Ingredients] - yeah nice!!!
13) Rockwell – DJ Friendly Unit Shifter [Shogun Audio] - intro was loud and overpowered it a bit, the drops sounded good tho, its a real nice blend! theres a section of cold one where there is less bass notes every so many bars, i think they would have sounded better together mixed with that bit! hmm, does that make sense?!! ur copy of unit shifter sounds a bit diff, cant put my finger on it tho.. unless u got some sort of effect on the go, but i dont know what!
14) Phobia & Sato – Jitter [Coded] - nice mix.
15) Gremlinz & Anile – Stand Alone [Renegade Hardware] - cool
16) Octane, DLR & Survival – Transition [Renegade Hardware] - wicked! i really liked this mix!
17) BTK - Vengeance (Octane & DLR Ripping and Tearing Remix) [Dutty Audio] - nice mix, not heard this tune either, its bad!
18) S.P.Y. - The Boy Who Cried Wolf [31 Records] - cool!
19) Fresh – Heavyweight [Digital Soundboy] - not bad!
20) Enei, Eastcolors & Noel – Cracker [Critical] - yeah good
21) Icicle ft. SP:MC – Dreadnaught [Shogun Audio] - lil bit less treble on the intro, apart from that really good mix
22) Ulterior Motive & Zero T – Breach [Subtitles UK] - sweet!
23) Break & Die – Slow Down [Symmetry] - clean, warm and easy. cut out a lil early but with 2 teases to come and the next track ur forgiven for wanting extra time!
24) >>>Rockwell - Noir (Ulterior Motive Remix) [Critical] - yeah not bad, well played on the drop timage! confused about the tease >>> marks tho.. this is just the next track.
25) >>>Break & Spectrasoul – Martyr [Symmetry] - good mix! whats with the >>> tho? this usually indicates a tease mix!!!
26) DBridge & Vegas – True Romance [Metalheadz Platinum] - yeah cool!

great mix really enjoyed it man!

but whats with the >>>> marks? i dont think its a set rule or anything but this usualy indicates a tease mix!

few tunes in this mix i havent heard yet.. Really enjoyed it mate.

Mixing was tight the way through kept the whole techy vibe going really nicely.

My highlights of this mix were as followed!

Displaced with Strange Science - Wicked mix man. Can never get enough of when that sample comes in ' Technology ' heard alot of mixes where people cut it at that point and dont bring the other tune back in liked how u did. Liked the way kingdom was bought in. Fucking had my head bangin that mix man. To be fair listened to this throughout and thoroughly enjoyed it all mate.

Cant really pick any faults out of it to be honest mate.. didnt really have any bits which i thought didnt go very well together. EQ'ing was pretty spot on to me. Couple of tunes maybe could of been bought in a little quieter and gradually bought up. But thats a minor thing to pick out mate.

All in all banging mix really impressed with the mixing. No clangs that i can remember at all.

Will be keeping this in the motor and also getting a few pals to listen as i want them to get into the more techy side of dnb as they just like jump up! Will also be bagging a few of the tunes in this selection!

Do you mix with vinyl or cd's mate?

haha thanks a lot mate! really appreciate you taking the time to listen. ive been djing for about 2 years now. i did this one on cdjs.

more things
again cheers for takin the time to listen mate, the detailed feedback is wicked as well! to reply to some of your comments...

the fly >> vintage sounds ridiculous, i was gonna include it but decided against it in the end, i think theres maybe a bit too much going on lol. try it out for yourself

hahahahah for the past 2 years ive been going about thinking >>> meant double drop. guess not. what a mug!

but yea i think i need to work on my volume control overall, far too often i whack the volume fader up without actually listening to the master channel.

even more things

thanks mate!! really appreciate your comments! hope you can convert some of your mates to the techy ways! as i said mixing on cds atm, just picked up some turntables last month so hopefully ill be spinning vinyl or at least a mix of vinyl/cd soon :)

but yeah, thanks a lot guys!

I entered this mix into a DJ competition and got through to the finals which are at bar iguana in reading on thursday night. come check it out if anyones around, its free entry. heres the event https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=215407625139737

nice one!

Last bump for this one.

I won a DJ competition with this mix, gonna be supporting DJ marky at bassment in Reading on june 3rd! check the flyer in my sig for details!

Back
Top Bottom